• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Some help for a friend

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend is working on a project for college where he is designing a crane and putting it in the bed of a 2010 ford f250 regular cab long bed. The current plan is to attach it to the frame using the same holes as the bed bolts. The problem is he needs to know some measurements and he asked me for help, and I am having trouble finding information.

he needs to know how far apart the bolts are.

|
*---------* what are the actual measurements between each bolt?
|
|
and the measurements of where they are located on the frame from either the bumper or the cab.

they are trying to build it in a 3d model. Any help on either the measurements or were i can find them would be great.

sorry if this isn't exactly clear, its kind of hard to put into words

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
well i dont have a new truck to measure the distance between the bolts...but you could saunter on down to the ford dealership with a tape measure...i would avoid measuring a random strangers truck in a parking lot, it is an excellent way to get shot.

good luck with the project but as a note..if you are designing a crane you would want to design it to be a universal fit into any truck, it would bolt to a plate that is mounted to the frame similar to a fifth wheel setup, that way there is enough room for it to rotate with out hitting the box, room for operater unless you are planning on in-cab controls, it would also be located centrally above the axle for weight distribution..

ya know, the more i think about it the more i say leave the stock bed bolts alone, its okay to drill holes in the floor of the bed, people do it all time, how about you look at real-world set-ups of truck-mounted cranes and then just downsize for use in a pickup. and make it universal, people that have a use for a crane drive dodges and chevy's too..good luck:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals