What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)


Featured Build Threads

Truck has been napping under the carport lately since Cristina and both boys now have wranglers. We are making sure jarrod's wrangler is 100% good to go and Jason is doing the same on his in Nebraska. He traded his 26 Lariat away because the payment was killing him. He did say he regretted trading the 24 stx up to the 26 Lariat but that is done and he is in a jeep now
 
Not too sure of what they look like. I found a couple pics. AI says diameter of the face is 6.25 to 6.375". The clip in part would likely be up to 1/2" smaller.
View attachment 149189View attachment 149190

@Rick W

A few thoughts & pics from my inventory…

First, 5x4.5 bolt pattern? Or 5x5? The dish/bowl caps came in two different sizes, 6.25OD and 7.0OD. The 5 x 5 is for older stuff, and yours should be 5 x 4.5, but I wanted to confirm.

Here are the caps

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)


The Lincoln on the left is a 6.25, and the Lincoln on the right is a 7.0. The Ford is a 7.0. The emblems on the caps are held on by four or five screws from the inside.

IMG_8418.jpeg


Those bowls/dish caps were primarily for turban wheels, some bullet hole wheels, and other “soup dish” wheels. There are three studs sticking up that are part of the wheel that hold them in place.

IMG_8421.jpeg


IMG_8419.jpeg


Those wheels take any lug nut that will hold the wheel down.

I know of two style Ranger caps that went on the bullet hole style wheels, 14 or 15.

IMG_8414.jpeg
IMG_8415.jpeg


They take the flange style lug nut like this

IMG_8416.jpeg


I literally have 25 or 30 of those wheels on the trucks or trailer trailers I have, and a dozen more for what I’m planning to build. That style are bad about popping off when you hit a bump or a railroad track. When I use them, I always put a little tiny dab of E 6000/goop on the three catch points. It’s just enough to keep them from popping off.

Your wheels are the fake wire/lace wheels. They take the flatter lace cap that has a pop on center (I think).



What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)


The silver part of the cap holds on the wheel with three screws, and the black part pops on (I think). These wheels are the ones I am least familiar with. I’ve never messed with that style of wheel, but I have actually pulled the center caps for the emblems. The Ford, mercury, and Lincoln wheels and caps are all the same, and the center part of the cap with the logo is interchangeable with a few screws.

And an afterthought, you could find that kind of thing in pretty good shape down here. If you want to sign up for the notifications for “Pull-A-Part” here in Atlanta, north location, east location and south location for the Crown Vic, the mercury, and the town car, and let me know if you find one, and I’ll go check it out.

Hope it helps
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top