Things I don't miss on vehicles


Featured Build Threads

in the late 80s and early 90s GM had a seat belt system that would allow you to get in and out of the car without unfastening the seatbelt. both lap and shoulder. the catch was, that the seatbelt was mounted in the actual door, not the B pillar. so the door opened and you could slide in under the belt, close the door and you were belted in. So you can see where this ended up, severe crashes that would allow the door to fly open basically yeeted the belted in driver out of the car as if he were not belted in. I had a 1988 Olds Delta 88 with this system, and it was awkward, so i always belted in and out like normal, and made sure the doors were locked when traveling.

My uncle was side swiped by a semi truck and it removed the front drivers side wheel, fender and door from his F-150

Granted he didn't make it (didn't have a seatbelt on at all) but having the door you are strapped to being removed from the vehicle in an accident would be less than ideal...
 
I don't mind carburetors, REAR drum brakes, or R134a at all.

I don't miss factory radios that were always different sizes and you had to hack an ugly hole into the dash to make a single DIN one fit.

I also don't miss swingset throttle/shifter/clutch linkages that bind up if the body mounts sag or something gets a little out of whack.

Oh, 70's import interior trim/plastic pieces is high up on my list too. It's been more than two decades since I parted with my Datsun and I can still feel that crumbly crap on my fingers.
 
Yeah, my F-150 IIRC was the last year to have R134A... and I like that.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top