I'm currently building a track-oriented '97 Ranger 2.3L 5-speed that I've done a lot of work to over the past 3 years. Lowered it, stiffened the suspension, swapped over to manual steering, freshened up steering linkages, swapped to an 8.8 rear end. I've done a lot more all around, but that's pretty much the gist.
Now, I've been wanting to go forced induction for a while, but it would have realistically been way out of my budget to rebuild the current engine to get it ready for that. So I did what any sensible guy would do and went on Marketplace. Originally looking for an SVO, or a Thunderbird as a donor, I quickly found that small turbo engines were not at all popular in my area, only finding 5.0s and supercharged 3.8s. Just as I was beginning to lose hope, I came across a PowerNation video about building a 2.3L dirt track racing engine. That's when I realized... There's dirt tracks literally everywhere near me! So I went snooping around on local fb groups, and sure enough, I found someone selling a fully built engine for $1500 (picture below)! After that, the build was back on track. Scored a T3/T4 Turbo, then the exhaust manifold, intercooler, and all the other odds and ends I needed to get the turbo installed. I currently have the engine broken down and at a shop getting decked. So while that's away, I figured I'd ask anyone that knows on here for a good recommendation for a driveshaft and any tips on keeping it from vibrating itself to oblivion. My budget for it is around $200-$400 and I have the long bed single-cab ranger. My hp goal is around 400-500hp.
Edit: In case anyone was wondering, I also have a T5 trans ready to go once I get the engine back together.
Now, I've been wanting to go forced induction for a while, but it would have realistically been way out of my budget to rebuild the current engine to get it ready for that. So I did what any sensible guy would do and went on Marketplace. Originally looking for an SVO, or a Thunderbird as a donor, I quickly found that small turbo engines were not at all popular in my area, only finding 5.0s and supercharged 3.8s. Just as I was beginning to lose hope, I came across a PowerNation video about building a 2.3L dirt track racing engine. That's when I realized... There's dirt tracks literally everywhere near me! So I went snooping around on local fb groups, and sure enough, I found someone selling a fully built engine for $1500 (picture below)! After that, the build was back on track. Scored a T3/T4 Turbo, then the exhaust manifold, intercooler, and all the other odds and ends I needed to get the turbo installed. I currently have the engine broken down and at a shop getting decked. So while that's away, I figured I'd ask anyone that knows on here for a good recommendation for a driveshaft and any tips on keeping it from vibrating itself to oblivion. My budget for it is around $200-$400 and I have the long bed single-cab ranger. My hp goal is around 400-500hp.
Edit: In case anyone was wondering, I also have a T5 trans ready to go once I get the engine back together.

