Ford ranger 5.0l swap driveshaft issue


Featured Build Threads

Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
7
Points
1
City
Las Vegas
State - Country
NV - USA
I have a 2003 2.3l xl ford ranger. I put a 1997 ford explorer 302 5.0l v8 engine with a 2wd 4r70w transmission in it. I am trying to put the stock rangers drive shaft in and it wont fit.
What do I do?
 
Why doesn’t it fit?

If the two ends match but it’s too long you can have it shortened.

Otherwise you can have a new driveshaft made.
 
Its to long
You should be able to find a machine shop locally that shorten and rebalance it for $100 or so.

I have two places within 20 minutes of me.

Most large truck shops will either be able to do it themselves or have somebody that does it for them.

Any auto shop that does modifications or hot rod stuff should also know a place.

Engine builder or a real transmission shop (not a chain like AMCO) might be able to give you a reference too.


I don’t know what the hot rod scene is like is Vegas, do you have a drag strip? Could go there on a test and tube day, and ask around.

Could also go to the SEMA show in a few weeks.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top