EEC-V tuning for Turbo swap


Featured Build Threads

Kudagra


ASE Certified Tech
Ham Radio Operator
Joined
Mar 19, 2026
Messages
8
Points
1
City
Baldwin City
State - Country
KS - USA
Vehicle Year
1997
Vehicle
Ford Ranger
Drive
2WD
Engine
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So I'm going to have to tune my GMT800 after the cam swap. I figured I'd drop the money for the HPtuners new MPVI4 dangle so I could just go it myself. Then I saw they now have EEC-V tuning capability all the way back to 1996. I have a Turbo Coupe engine i plan on putting in my 97 2.3 ranger. I read that someone has used the original ford ECM and programmed it to work.. but that's all I've heard. No specifics. Has anyone here heard anything more? I like the idea of keeping OBD2 functionality. I've checked on TurboFord but also nothing.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top