INFO Codes P1443, P0171, and P0174 Choppy


Featured Build Threads

Joined
Sep 9, 2024
Messages
2
Points
1
City
US
Vehicle Year
1997
Transmission
Manual
I've been having an ongoing issues with these codes for a couple years now and am struggling to figure it out. It started as an idling problem(high/low idle plus dying specifically in the cold). That problem is for the most part solved however I'm still experiencing a little idle inconsistency as well as a sort of choppy acceleration especially when cold. In first gear it's not noticeable but as soon as I get going it starts to skip creating a kind of shakey acceleration. Hopefully that makes enough sense.



Here's what I've done that may or may not be of importance:

Replaced IAC Valve

Cleaned the MAF sensor

Replaced a vacuum hose that was cracked(have checked to the best of my ability for vacuum leaks but have not done a pressure or smoke test)

Checked and confirmed the throttle position sensor is working

Cleaned throttle body

Replaced a cracked fuel filler hose

Replaced fuel filter



If I forgot something I apologize and I appreciate any help I can get!
 
Failed to mention it's a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT
 
I have a 1995 4.0, i have P0443, P0171, and P0174. Everything is pointing to intake manifold gasket for me, i have the skipping in acceleration too, and i already replaced MAF, IAC, fuel filters, gas cap, clutch, slave, master, flywheel(I used 8.8 hardware for flywheel bolts cause i was told to replace them, then later learned i didnt need too and shouldve reused the original bolts.. this will be important). If the intake manifold gaket doesn't fix it, ill have to take out the trans sooner than i wanted. I think those flywheel bolts might be backing out or breaking.... i think i need to pull my trans
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top