4cylinder with 5 speed. hard to shift to first?


Featured Build Threads

iank1

10+ Year Member

Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
27
Points
1,601
Vehicle Year
1994
Transmission
Manual
Hi kids! So I have a '94 2.3l with a 5 speed,non a/c. Shes got 190k miles. I've noticed that I have a hell of s time shifting, especially from 2 to 1st, especially when the weather is hot. Even worse if the truck is at a stop. I need to remember to push it into first just before it comes to a full stop at the stop lights. I tried replacing the fluid (merc 5). It didn't help much. Sorry if this has been covered, I'm new to the forum.
 
I remember an issue that is similar to your in an older b2 and the solution was a washer in the top of the tranny or in the top area where the shifter connects.. Something about it breaking and not aligned correctly and getting pulled into a gear and stuck . Can't remember all the details .


-gil-
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top