2005 Edge 4.0 Mystery Coolant Loss Problem Solved


Featured Build Threads

Joined
Feb 3, 2025
Messages
7
Points
1
City
Valley, Alabama
Vehicle Year
2005
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sure this has been talked about before but if you don't have a fluorescent leak finder light, get one. I've been chasing this for a while and finally discovered that the heater core was leaking. One 8 oz bottle of K-Seal later and it's fixed. I wish I had thought to do this before replacing the water pump.
 
I'm sure this has been talked about before but if you don't have a fluorescent leak finder light, get one. I've been chasing this for a while and finally discovered that the heater core was leaking. One 8 oz bottle of K-Seal later and it's fixed. I wish I had thought to do this before replacing the water pump.
Greater than 50% of the time, troubleshooting is cheaper than guessing and replacing random parts. Any fluid leak can be tough to pinpoint. For many fluid leaks, it is beneficial to do a thorough cleaning first, so you can see where the leak originates. A dirty engine/transmission is harder to troubleshoot.
 
I understand the convenience of stop leak but some people shouldn't be allowed to use it. Those are the people that have stop leak replacing half of the actual coolant
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top