1996 P0102. need advice.


Featured Build Threads

Blacksmith1

15+ Year Member

Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
62
Points
3,101
City
Volusia County, Florida
Vehicle Year
94
Engine
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
pulled the code. decided to run a voltage test, power in 12.56 ground 12,56, pcm ground with power on 5.56 volts...... wait..... isn't that supposed to read 12.5x also? Huston we have a problem. I didn't test the pcm power side of the connector yet. anyone know where I should go next?
 
You are checking the mass air sensor on a 1994 ranger with a 4.0 engine? Oh wait a minute, the title says 1996?
 
Without deep-diving into any resources, is one or the other of us misunderstanding the test? It's a 5v sensor. Sig return, as a ground, could measure 12v to batt positive. I wouldn't expect it to ever be 12v in use.

I assume the diagnostic flowchart for MAF bullshit is more-or-less checking 3 things: wiring, MAF, PCM. I can post powertrain diagnostics when I'm more free.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top