- Joined
- May 1, 2026
- Messages
- 9
- Points
- 1
- City
- Boston
- State - Country
- MA - USA
- Vehicle Year
- 1994
- Vehicle
- Ford Ranger
- Drive
- 2WD
- Engine
- 4.0L
- Transmission
- Manual
Hey Everyone,
I am currently working through the wiring harness layout of swapping a 5.0L EFI engine into my 1994 Ranger.
I have been assembling an excel sheet that maps the 4 connectors that terminate my junkyard 89 Ford Bronco 5.8L engine harness to my 92 5.0 ECU. I have purchased aftermarket connectors that I can cut and crimp into my harness to connect everything once I get the terminations planned out. Here's where I need the help.
Above is what I have mapped out thus far. In the ECU PIN rows are circuit number and actual ECU pin where they should go. This is the extent of what I've been able to assembly with the help of EVTMs and some websites.
There's a few wires here that were cut before I got to the harness, and I am not sure what they are. Could anyone help me identify them? None of the numbers in my EVTMs match these. I am sure some of them route to the distributor, I am just not sure which ones. I know there are different types of distributors as well, with a remote mounted TFI or distributor mounted TFI. Different number lead connectors for these as well.
I'm also not entirely sure what this connector is. I am assuming it is the AC switch by looking at what the harness in my 94 ranger.
Could anyone give me some guidance on what these wires are specifically? and if you see any flaws in my spreadsheet, let me know.
Also bonus question: My EVTMs say that the oil pressure sender for the 92 F150 is closed under normal pressure, but the one in the 1994 ranger is closed with low oil pressure. Will I need to swap the ranger sender onto my new 5.0L?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
I am currently working through the wiring harness layout of swapping a 5.0L EFI engine into my 1994 Ranger.
I have been assembling an excel sheet that maps the 4 connectors that terminate my junkyard 89 Ford Bronco 5.8L engine harness to my 92 5.0 ECU. I have purchased aftermarket connectors that I can cut and crimp into my harness to connect everything once I get the terminations planned out. Here's where I need the help.
Above is what I have mapped out thus far. In the ECU PIN rows are circuit number and actual ECU pin where they should go. This is the extent of what I've been able to assembly with the help of EVTMs and some websites.
There's a few wires here that were cut before I got to the harness, and I am not sure what they are. Could anyone help me identify them? None of the numbers in my EVTMs match these. I am sure some of them route to the distributor, I am just not sure which ones. I know there are different types of distributors as well, with a remote mounted TFI or distributor mounted TFI. Different number lead connectors for these as well.
I'm also not entirely sure what this connector is. I am assuming it is the AC switch by looking at what the harness in my 94 ranger.
Could anyone give me some guidance on what these wires are specifically? and if you see any flaws in my spreadsheet, let me know.
Also bonus question: My EVTMs say that the oil pressure sender for the 92 F150 is closed under normal pressure, but the one in the 1994 ranger is closed with low oil pressure. Will I need to swap the ranger sender onto my new 5.0L?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Last edited:

