• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

CHeck engine light on p1151

953.0M5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Check engine light on p1151

Hey everyone! Newb here. I had a question about my 95 ranger 3.0. I'm new to the Ranger world and could use help. I recently had the clutch in my ranger replaced and after I received it back the check engine light has come on with a code of 1151. It says lack of O2 sensor switch bank 2 sensor 1. Then it goes on to explain that it could be caused by low or high fuel pressure, a dirty or damaged MAF sensor, a vacuum leak, or bad injector or pressure regulator. I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem before, but if they have any advice would be greatly appreciated. I plan on replacing the O2s on it weather they are bad or not because I think they are still the stock ones. The truck has about 143,000 on it at this point. I was worried that the pressure regulator could be bad but I'm not sure where the fuel pressure is supposed to be at. Mine is at 34-36 at idle and jumps to maybe 40 with a quick hit of the throttle. I have noticed a drop in mileage since I bought the truck about 9 months ago. I used to get about 300 miles on 3/4 tank of gas, and the last I check I was getting about 250 miles on 3/4 of a tank. I have recently done a tune-up on it including an accel coil pack. It also has a K&N replacement filter and Flowmaster 50 series muffler. Again, any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
take it back to the shop that did the work and kindly explain the situation. theres a chance something was left unplugged or even broken during the transmission removal.

953.0M5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I called them the day I got it back about the many things that were wrong with it. They told me that they did not see any problems with the vehicle when they test drove it so it couldn't be anything that they had done. :annoyed: That is the exact reason that I hate taking my vehicles to a shop. But, I live 2 hours from my parents house in an apartment and my buddy and I ran out of time trying to get the trans out. I did however look the truck over a little better today and found that the vacuum line going into the throttle body from the evap canister was cracked. Kinda hoping that is the problem but am doubting it. I put electrical tape around it for now but will replace it this weekend. Stupid work always getting in the way! lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals