• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Went to the Eastern Shore yesterday. The truck managed just about 24 miles per gallon with the air conditioner on, averaging about 55 mph. 430 miles on the tank, 18.0 gallons to fill. Filled last thing before the trip and made it to the gas station near home afterward without the low-fuel light coming on. Not bad for the thirsty V-6 with 152K miles, which it turned over during the trip.

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
After it stopped raining, I put straight bleach in the foam cup on my pressure washer and coated The Road Ranger to loosen up four months worth of tree sap, maybe six months since the last wash. Then I climbed all over it like a monkey, getting into every nook and cranny, hosed that off, and then put a little white vinegar in the foam cup, and hosed it off again.

It was a real pain in the ass cuz some idiot ran all kinds of bars over the roof and behind the cab and lights everywhere. I also almost forgot that it was red.

Then Sweet Pea wanted me to take some stuff to Goodwill. I wasn’t sure it would fit in the Missing Linc, so I washed Ole Blue (88 town car) and used it since it’s got more room.

Last edited:

Rick W

Lil Big Rig
Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Finally got a sibling potrait.

View attachment 111445
If you were a little bit closer, I’d put two or 3 quarts of Rustoleum in the truck and a couple brushes and rollers, and we’d do those trucks…

Then you could change your name to “Rusty Oleum Ranger”

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
If you were a little bit closer, I’d put two or 3 quarts of Rustoleum in the truck and a couple brushes and rollers, and we’d do those trucks…

Then you could change your name to “Rusty Oleum Ranger”
Probably need one of those 20lb or whatever size jugs of bondo too....otherwise we'd bascically be blotching the frame lol

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Heated my torquemonster headers and bent #2 tube for clearance of #3 spark plug wire. New wires, n plugs. Test drive was fun.
I was worried about the wires when I put mine together. I found some like 8” long covers that were rated for being in contact with headers. Took some wrestling to work them on the wires but I’m pretty happy with how it worked out.

Finally got a sibling potrait.

View attachment 111445
Welcome to the Bronco II addiction, lol.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I was worried about the wires when I put mine together. I found some like 8” long covers that were rated for being in contact with headers. Took some wrestling to work them on the wires but I’m pretty happy with how it worked out.

Welcome to the Bronco II addiction, lol.
Its really funny....cause i actually orginally bought it planning on flipping it (as in selling, not doing B2 things) but yeah...thats not happening now. My wife was a bit pissed lol.

I wont lie...part of me wants to take the B2 and the jeep to the ORV park and do a comparison video...then post it on that jeep forum im on.

Not that the GC and B2 are even in the same class....but those guys over there carry a deep hate for FSB's and B2's....and it would be fun to mess with them lol.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I found some like 8” long covers that were rated for being in contact with headers.
Got a link? Next wire set will be custom and I'l like to put on a nice long set of sleeves. Something better than the el cheapos that I got off Amazon in a pinch.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Its really funny....cause i actually orginally bought it planning on flipping it (as in selling, not doing B2 things) but yeah...thats not happening now. My wife was a bit pissed lol.

I wont lie...part of me wants to take the B2 and the jeep to the ORV park and do a comparison video...then post it on that jeep forum im on.

Not that the GC and B2 are even in the same class....but those guys over there carry a deep hate for FSB's and B2's....and it would be fun to mess with them lol.
Lol, my first Bronco II was not exactly what I wanted, but more an accidental purchase. It was up for EBay auction back in the day, the owner was a member on here, and I put a low bid in. Turned out I won. So then I thought about maybe doing a few things and flipping it. That didn’t happen either. My 1988 Eddie Bauer was my first. Bought my Choptop, an 86 for parts, an 89 EB that I did flip (and regret selling), and an 87 for parts. I’ve been hooked on the crazy little things. Stupid capable off-road. I’ve upset a few Jeep guys with mine over the years.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Got a link? Next wire set will be custom and I'l like to put on a nice long set of sleeves. Something better than the el cheapos that I got off Amazon in a pinch.
I’ll have to look it up. I did a lot of searching before I got them. Mine came from Summit Racing. Apparently a lot of the sleeves are not actually rated for header contact. Mine are.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Finally got around to changing the O-ring on the power valve for the power steering pump. I no longer have a power steering fluid leak.

One leak down a few to go.

97ranger22bronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Replaced the drive belt and the thermostat (finally), managed to lose and then find one of the housing bolts. Removed the lower rad hose to replace, only to not be able to find the new one I bought a few days ago....

IronTom

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FX4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
It's been a marathon... the reason I haven't posted in a while is I've been too busy fixing things on my 2003 FX4 Level 2. Got the truck ~ 10 months ago and it has been reliable, but since February I've fix/replaced/repaired the following:
  • Replaced radiator hose clamps (the lower clamp failed and dumped the coolant).
  • Replaced the power steering cooler (took the cooler from my 2002 2wd and installed into the FX4. Then repaired the leaking cooler and installed it in the 2002).
  • Replaced the starter (a $#%&! job with the 4x4 front differential in the way).
  • Repaired the battery box
  • Replaced the battery
  • Replaced the A/C compressor (old one seized up and would not turn)
  • Remove A/C compressor mounting bracket to extract broken bolt
  • Replaced the automatic transmission neutral safety switch
  • Repaired the Over Drive on/off switch
And now I'm troubleshooting a parasitic draw on the battery. That is this weekend job :rolleyes:

Cheers,
IronTom

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Green Ranger got unpacked.

Choptop got moved from my property to my parents right next door. Pulled out my new plastic gas tank for it, the filler hole was a little off-center so I cleaned that up and the hole for the vent was too small, so I resolved that and put the new bushing and vent in. Got the pump and vent disconnected from the old tank and couldn’t get a bolt to come out. Ended up cutting both tank strap bolts and both front skid plate bolts. Got three of four rear bumper bolts out. Gonna try getting vice grips on the last one tomorrow, if that doesn’t work I’m cutting that. Then I have to cut the back two skid plate bolts and I can drop the old tank. Was intending on swapping the pump but there’s some ugly rust so I made a call and a new sender will be here in the morning. I already have new bolts. Hopefully it will be driving again tomorrow afternoon. Then I get to do a slave cylinder in the F-150.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

XLTsplash
June Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals