• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck will only shift when in 4HI or 4LO

BudgetB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Recently just began encountering this problem with my truck. I've been using 4HI and 4LO quite a bit as it is winter and snowing daily. As of this morning, my truck will only shift into gears if I first engage the truck into either 4HI or 4LO. What gives? This seems like an extremely unusual problem. The car will shift gears once I switch it back out of 4x4, but in order to get into any gears I must put the truck into 4HI or 4LO first. Anyone have any ideas as to why this could be? My truck is a 1998 Mazda B3000 5 Speed 4x4 3.0.

BudgetB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I just replaced the clutch, master and slave cylinder, pilot bearing, and all other related parts and the car has been running flawlessly for 1k miles so I’m at a loss. Once the clutch is in, I can engage any gear. I can also engage gears just fine with the car moving. This only happens once I stop so currently I’m having to hold the clutch in at every light I hit :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals