• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

shifter extension

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
I was wondering if anyone ever made a shifter extension for a 3" body lift. I'm thinking a 3/4" coupler nut with a piece of all thread would work. I know I would have to drill out 1/2 of the coupler nut to fit on the tranny, drill and tap a hole on a flat to tighten it down and probly grind down the all thread and grind a notch for shifter bolt to be able to go through to tighten it down. Any one think this will work??? Trying to save 50. bucks. Thanks for any input. I did make the steering shaft extension and no problems yet.

whissiswheelin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I made one for my brother in laws truck. easy to take the shifter out and weld it with a piece of 1/2" round bar about 3" long. Had to bend it in a few spots to clear the console and dash perfectly.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals