• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

seat belt bolts weldable?

mnmattie

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
the seatbelt bolts on my 87 supercab are rounded and i've been having some trouble welding a nut on there to get a socket on there. Are these bolts too hard to weld???

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
to get it off? i would use a damaged nut remover, it like a socket with reverse teeth that dig in.

mnmattie

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
hmmm i've got a set but it didn't look like they were big enough for it. i'll have to double check

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
They are weldable, just grind some of the plating off, that's probably whats making it not stick. I opened this thread cause I thought you were going to be asking if you could weld one back together or something. For your own safety, please don't. If you can get a nut welded on to get the old one out, replace it. And if you burn the belt at all, replace it. If you can't get a nut welded on, you might be able to use a cold chisel and a bfh, and catch an edge and beat it in the normal rotation to loosen it, then grab it with some vise grips. Good luck

bottledgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
and when you do it heat the bolt underneath carefully with a torch. cherry red will help.thats about the only way the frozen ones come out

WildSide

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Another quick tip, clean off any rust on the threads and after the bolt is heated use candle wax on the threads. The wax will act as lubricant and makes removal very easy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals