• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pics of new tires and stuff

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pics of new tires and stuff *NEW PICS*

Well, I had finally talked myself into spending the 1300 bucks it was gonna cost to get some new tires, I was going for the Toyo Open Country MT's 33x12.50x15.

Well I was at the car parts store today and ran into a guy that I know, and I'd heard that he had a set of 31 inch ATs but didnt know anything about them. Well I went and had a look, theyre brand new with 1 week on them. 31x10.50x15 Roughrider AT's. They're NOT what I wanted....at least not REALLY, but they're definitly good enough that they'll do. And the price was right, 500 on 6 bolt 'Yota rims....which is GREAT because the rims will fit my brothers Waggy axles for spares!

Heres the pics....

My 31's, my brothers 35 inch boggers, and the 3 link hes building on his Ranger.

He's looking into some 38.5 Boggers (Or something like that....size...not sure exactly what size...)

I'm excited, cant wait to get the 31's on the truck....come summer time I'll get the Toyos!

Last edited:

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
nice score man i just bought some new mudders had them mounted yesterday an gave them a whirl today.. awesome tires for the price i paid... a bit of a hum on the rd but.. cant let that bother ya..

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Cool...can't wait to see em thrown on...

Does your brother have any more pics?

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hahaha....he doesnt even have that pic! I took it....

But...ask and ye shall receive!

I'll get some more today and try to explain some of the ideas hes got going on for locating his springs on the axle and such..pretty cool ideas!

b4000mike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I run a set of those tires as my winter tires.. they are not bad for crappy tire tires.. they wear out kinda quick, but that might just be my driving style

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK....so....heres various pics of my brothers Ranger....

Basically he built a 3 link for it. The idea with the coil mounts on the axle was to build a box to sit on the axle that had a large hole in the top...then have the coil mounting stud welded to a plate slightly larger than the hole in the top of the box...once the coil was located and he knew where the center was, he'd be able to LIFT up on the stud, thereby pulling the plate inside the box up against the top of it and then weld it in place.....essentially creating a sandwich between the plate inside the box and the coil insulator (the 2 slices of bread) and the actual coil mount box top (the meat....)....really hard to explain sorry, and the pics are shitty too...but camera phones eh...thats whatcha get!

I got pics of the frame mounts for the radius arm to frame and to axle, pan hard bar, coil buckets on the frame, a pic of the pan hard bar with a bend in it....its not done, but its close.

Please enjoy and feel free to comment.

His truck as it sits:

Pan Hard Bar, Pass Side Radius Arm

Passenger Side Coil Mount

Radius Arm Mount

Pan Hard Mount

Drivers Coil Mount

Raduis arm Axle mount

My trucks drop Brackets

Some of the bracketry needs a little tweaking and cleaning up....but this is for fit and mock up purposes only.....

Lets here what you think!

Cheers

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Took the truck out today for its first REAL day of wheelin' It was light stuff, but we had a good time, and I'm really happy with those Crappy Tire 31 inch RoughRiders that I got....they performed really well and made the truck feel like a whole new beast....way more confidence inspiring than what I had before!

WOOT WOOT!

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Couple pics from today.....

Light wheelin, but its a pretty steep little hill and it has a vertical lip on the top....it was fun....can't wait to see what else I can do with these new tires!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals