• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New RTR and RTR Rambler package..

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
The only ranger I seen that was close to 50k had a bunch of stuff the dealer added on lift, tires, fender flares, roll up tonneau cover and a bed rack. I don't think I seen a lariat for more than 43 here in town. Even then after rebates you are back in the 30s. All I'm saying is you don't have to be bouncing off of rocks or barried in a mud pit to be off roading.
Bronco, all I'm saying is that the vast majority of 4x4 Rangers, Explorers, New Bronco's to come, trucks, ect, will never see any off road use. Their bought as statements, symbols, to use in snow areas and rain.
Go to any cruise in or auto/truck show and you'll see some super rigs...but ask the owners where they go off roading and they will look at you as if you just grew a third arm.
I know there are many dedicated off roaders, and they would surely like Ford to build them something as mentioned...but the real market isn't there. That's why the aftermarket exists.
It's been that way since auto began. I started riding Harleys back in the 70's when it took guts to get out on one. Now it's become a status symbol to get out and ride on nice weekend days.
60's and early 70's muscle cars...everyone had one, but only a small % of us used them and raced them as they were designed to be used.
So, I applaud your using your rig for what it was intended for and to have fun with. And your fellow "wheelers" that your with. The other 90% of "Super Duper 4x4 Rigs" owners will still be weekly washing and waxing their rigs so they don't get dirty and look good at the local Wal Mart.
And, for giggles, my local Ford dealer had a new Ranger, loaded out to the max, sitting on the showroom floor. Had a bunch of aftermarket add on's also, and was stickered at just over 70 grand. Haven't been by in a month or so, so don't know if it's still there. Ridiculous, but I'm sure there's someone out who will/or bought it.
Grumpaw

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
The "Surgical Staple" led's on the grille... o_O

It's all dealer installed.. that scares the hell out of me. A local guy here has a business where he is in and out of our local dealership on a regular basis. He said to be sure to get any work done there before lunch because the tech's all get high at lunch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals