• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Netbook

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Nice! I have an Asus EEE PC 900HA and I love it! It goes with me everywhere. Your Acer seems to have pretty much the same specs as mine, but yours has a 1" larger screen.
The Atom is a good processor. Obviously not intended for real heavy duty work, but it's surprisingly quick. I upgraded to 2GB of RAM as well, and scrapped the POS Seagate HDD for a Western Digital Scorpio Black 320GB 7200rpm drive. The extra RAM and faster spinning HDD make it a pretty potent little machine.

I'm currently ripping all my favorite DVD's into small AVI files and storing them right on the hard drive. I no longer need my portable DVD player.

You're going to love it......

killacal

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Great little computers! I'm running an older version(900A) with the SSD hardrive for tuning, and it is the best $150 I ever spent!

ambivolent

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0l FFV
Transmission
Automatic
i have one earlier model 9" screen, great machine, i was running linux had some problems so im trying out vista at the moment

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
Well I am glad to hear more pistive feed back. I've heard nothing negative about them besides the bloatware issue, but I plan on taking care of that right away. A couple of my buddies have Acers and i've used them and liked them.

Oh and Jay, I just looked up that HD you bought. I think I might have to invest in one of those relatively soon. :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Oh and Jay, I just looked up that HD you bought. I think I might have to invest in one of those relatively soon. :icon_thumby:
You'll see a slight increase in heat, and a slight decrease in battery life. But both are very minimal. I'm extremely happy with it. When I got my new hard drive I bought a cheap USB powered SATA enclose to use with the drive I took out.

Another cool use for my netbook is to use it for GPS. As a gift a couple years ago I was given Microsoft Streets & Trips. It came with the USB GPS receiver. Where are you going to find a GPS unit with a 9 or 10 inch screen and full PC capabilities? And the funny part is that a netbook and the GPS software still costs a lot less than some stand alone GPS units!
One thing I don't care for about my Asus is that the speakers are on the bottom. The thing is so small, there's really no place else to put them, though. Anyway, the volume doesn't get all that loud for when I want the voice guidance of the GPS software. But now that I got a new head unit with an auxiliary input, I can have the voice come through the speakers of the truck! :headbang: Also handy for playing the sound of my DVD's in the truck.

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
My cousin has an Acer and it's nice, the keyboard is a little small, but I think it has an 8" screen, not sure, though.

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
Should be here Wednesday. I'm pretty pumped. I think in a couple weeks i'm going to order that hard drive. That gps thing sounds pretty cool too.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know what your mouse situation is, but I got this to go with my EEE:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104258
This is the best mouse ever! Looks like it would go great with your netbooks glossy black finish, too. The best part is the nano receiver, on mine it stays plugged in 24/7. It's pricey, but well worth it. It tracks awesome on every surface. If you check out the link, read the review by "J.", that's me! :D

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
Thats funny that you talked about the ms mouse with the 2 inch reciever......thats what I have haha. Paid more than yours at Best Buy too. I like how the reciever on that one is TINY. The mouse I have is dumb, it only turns off when the reciever is not in the computer. Man my girlfriend is going to kill me for spending more $$ :buttkick: Good thing I have a couple fireworks shows coming up to get some extra dough. :icon_twisted:

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
holey shit this thing is awesome!!!! I love this thing! but they werent kidding about the bloatware shit though. Oh well its getting crashed and done over next weekend. 5 stars!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Glad you like it...I just posted a link to this in another post for someone looking for a laptop...be prepared to answer some questions...if you have time...:)

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I knew you'd love it!

Part of the reason why I got the Ausus was it has ZERO crapware on it. When I first got it, 32 processes running on boot up.

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
Glad you like it...I just posted a link to this in another post for someone looking for a laptop...be prepared to answer some questions...if you have time...:)
:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals