• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for AC bracket for ‘90 B2 2.9

rdn10se

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Anybody have the AC compressor mounting bracket that will fit a ‘90 B2 with 2.9? It had the factory AC, but someone took the compressor and bracket off. I have purchased an entire new system, hoses and all, including an FS6 compressor, but I’m having trouble locating the mounting bracket(s)… not sure if the bracket is one piece or more…
Thanks, RD

Terrys87

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
IMG_2128.jpeg

There is actually 2 brackets. The aluminum one goes on bottom and the steel one attaches to the Power Steering Pump.

If you need this one, I got it from bone yard for $20. You cover that and cost if shipping you can have this one. It come off an 87 or 88 but think it is same for 90.

I am sure these are the only 2 brackets you need. I can double check this weekend. I seen your post last night at work but has to wait until I got home.

Attachments

rdn10se

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds good to me. Let me know when you double check. It looked like I needed something more than the steel bracket in front.

Terrys87

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I may not have all of the bolts but should have a few. If I recall right, on the back side there is a 3/8th thick size washer. I don't have that. I when I did my valve cover gaskets, I forgot to install that thick washer and now can't find it. You could easily improvise that.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
My 86 has that large aluminum bracket under the compressor also. It bolted back to the exhaust manifold for extra support for the compressor. Sorry to say I just broke mine, I just put the engine in my Bronco II, got the bright idea to hook the chain hoist around that bracket and broke it in two.

It might help support the power steering bracket also. I seem to remember leaving that bracket off the 2.8 I had and the power steering pump had a little unstable shake to it till I put that bracket back on and added a washer and nut to simulate the compressor being there.

rdn10se

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for all the info guys. The previous owner had taken the compressor and brackets off and I really didn’t have a clue about the mounting hardware. And Terry, I’ll find the bolts… no problem. Local hw store has a good selection and Bolt Depot has about anything else.

rdn10se

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
View attachment 104394
There is actually 2 brackets. The aluminum one goes on bottom and the steel one attaches to the Power Steering Pump.

If you need this one, I got it from bone yard for $20. You cover that and cost if shipping you can have this one. It come off an 87 or 88 but think it is same for 90.

I am sure these are the only 2 brackets you need. I can double check this weekend. I seen your post last night at work but has to wait until I got home.
Hey Terry,
How do we do the payment on here… I’ve never bought from someone on here before. Do you take Venmo… or PayPal… or do you want me to send you a money order?… My zip code is 37617 for shipping estimate. If you tell me the total, I’ll get the money to you. You can email info ‘rduncan1958@yahoo.com
Thanks again!

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
View attachment 104394

Did you get this feller hooked up? I tried over at Broncocorral but turns out mine was dealer installed and has different brackets on the compressor.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals