• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Few issues?

STANG3O2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
First is the door latches. Are these prone to wearing out? They shut and lock fine. But are loose enough that it sounds like there about to fall off when going down the road. Is there any way to adjust or do they need replacing?

Second is the trans. What rpms should I be runing in OD with 235" tires? And I have an issue with it bouncing in and out of OD. What could be the cause and fix? Does not slip just bounces in and out of OD.

burton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
I dont really have answers for you but i do share the same problem with my door handles...lol so maybe its kinda common hahah well theres atleast 2 people with the issue.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
if the door doesn't stick out from the body then you don't want to adjust the striker in.the rattling loose door is from the weatherstripping and anti rattle strips being old and too compressed to hold the door snug

STANG3O2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I just scored a 302 and c4. That came out of my dads friends old maverick that he's turning into a drag car. Running semi built motor and trans. One step closer to getting a getting the ol' bronco trail worthy.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
take the door card off and look at the link for the handles. these are plastic and like to stretch and brake. as for your other question I need to know what gears you are running and over all tire diameter

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals