• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Check Engine Light

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
Well started up yesterday morning to leave the gym and there IT was... Just shy of 57k miles and check engine light.. Shut off the radio and checked all fluids truck seemed fine. Finished the drive to work and borrowed a code reader. P0456 small EVAP leak.. With no gas cap I figured possibly the little flapper door is leaking? Haven't found this to be common yet, but seems I'm in the higher end of "common" mileage. I'm going to clean around it refill with fuel and see. Any other suggestions? I'm going to clear it out today if it comes back I'll get it to the dealership before warranty runs out.
IMG_20220831_053733622.jpg
IMG_20220831_060621331_HDR.jpg

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
There is a bunch of hoses and the charcoal canister involved in this system. It could be leaking anywhere including the cap like you mentioned. The dealership may put a smoke machine on it to try and find the leak.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
The cap less fuel system is known to cause EVAP leaks. I have seen there is a temporary fix for that but I forget what it was and who did the youtube video on it. Fordtechmakuloco or South Main Auto Channel maybe? Whomever it was, they also showed how to diagnose it. It wasn't necessarily a Ford Ranger either. It could have been an F150.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals