• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

blue screen of death

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my mom says it crashes on her when she goes to tagged.com. i tell her it just doesn't like her. and like aj has said i have the same probs he has. im thinking about going and buying an nvidia card.

loud ranger, i already have speed fan. my computer is setting next to a window with the side off. and its got 2 fans in it. its running about 5 degrees cooler then what is recommended. ive always watched my computer temperature very closely since one of the laptops i had was running extremely hot and had a meltdown.

thanks for the input guys

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
if you downloaded the application that changes your core clock or memory clock, you may be getting too hot. If you do reinstall the ati program that is crashing it install speedfan as well to monitor everything to make sure your not getting too hot.

If you think it might be a driver issue, boot into safe mode run driver sweeper to remove old drivers that may be interefering and then reinstall the new drivers and restart to exit safe mode.
I ran ATI graphic card the entire time I was in Iraq, It had aprogram for overclocking the graphics card. This WILL cause the blue screen of death. I reinstalled everything from scratch 4 times, before I decided that no amount of overclocking was worth it. Just run the ATI at the factory setting and leave it there. If you ever add cooling functions to your computer (hard core cooling) then maybe try overclocking, BUt if you want faster just get ab igger graphics card/

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Well, mine has taken a hud now. I'm leaving ATI on the side of the curb. Three cards in 16 months is ridiculous. Here's what I'm getting now:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals