• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

351w

1. 1991 Ranger Street/Strip 351w?.? Project DEADLINE 1 Oct 2016 Cruisin the coast

1991 Ranger Street/Strip 302 Project DEADLINE 1 Oct 2016 Cruisin the coast Long time no see folks, I started a 1990 ford ranger 302 swap a few years back. I purchased the 302 engine, aod tranny, 8.8rearend, and new tires for the truck. That week, a 76 year old deaf woman pulled out in front of...
  2. '03 351w Ranger manual steering rack

I have a new ranger I'm starting on but this ones getting a 351w. I'm doing a lot of stuff already and have the wires hidden in the dash, extended the control arms out 4.5", and tubing fender wells. Battery's going behind the seat. And a few more things will be done but I wanted to ask opinions...
  3. 03' 351w swap help distributor

I have a 2003 ranger edge with a 5.0 now and I'm looking into swapping it for the 351w and I know what it takes to do this swap. I'm trying to figure out the hardest parts before I attempt it like oil pan, headers, 28oz balancer for explorer FEAD, and cam position sensor and that's what this...
  4. AOD valve body

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger with a 351windsor and an AOD transmission (both from 1983). My tranny won't shift out of first. I've narrowed it down to either a stuck valve or a stuck governor. My question are the valves on the valve body supposed to be pushed in and out easily or are they...
  5. AOD help, can't shift out of first

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger with a 351 Windsor and an AOD transmission. For some reason, it will not shift out of first gear (reverse works fine). I adjusted my TV cable properly with a pressure gauge, made by MAC, so I know that's not the problem. I was wondering if there are any common...
  6. TV cable help

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger that I dropped a 351w with an AOD transmission into. I'm trying to figure out the correct set up for my TV cable, I have a Holley carb. To my knowledge I have stock brackets for the throttle cable and TV cable, two separate brackets. I did some research and it...
  7. Vacuum trouble

Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger which i'm putting a 351 windsor (w/ AOD) in it and I need to know how to connect up the vacuum hoses. If anyone has a diagram that would be fantastic. I believe the engine is from the 70's, but not 100% sure. I have a holley 4bbl on it as well. Also, if anyone...
  8. firing order

Ok, Im confused. I tried to use the stock 302 firing order during my first start on a 5.0 H.O. and I actually GOT IT RUNNING. But it was stalling when I went into gear and back firing when I would initially give it gas. Then while I was watching some youtube videos I learned that H.O. motors...
  9. 2000 2.5l motor mounts

Alright so I have a 2000 ranger I'm putting a 351w into and I'm just curious about the motor mounts. It looks like since 1998 the motor mounts used for the 4cyl are the same as the ones used for the v6's in the rangers. Is this true? And if so, will I just be able to build a plate to go from...
  10. nightstalker00

what tranny

ok so i have an 1987 b2 and put 351w in it mated to a c4...dana44 9in...my current set up is 4in suspension and 3in body...my concern is the driveshaft...with the lift and length of the fullsize equipment im worried about how long the u-joints will survive...my driveshaft is about 24in...are...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad