• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TV cable help

supergoalieman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, I have a 1983 Ford Ranger that I dropped a 351w with an AOD transmission into. I'm trying to figure out the correct set up for my TV cable, I have a Holley carb. To my knowledge I have stock brackets for the throttle cable and TV cable, two separate brackets. I did some research and it seems everyone buys these kickdown kits, are these required since I have a holley carb? Any advice would be appreciated (not the most educated on TV cables)

getoffroad

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Did you ever get your cable figured out? I just pulled out my 2 month old rebuilt C4 and dropped in an AOD I bought the lokar kit and used a b&m mega shifter. I love it but we are still working out the shift points. I had a local shop put it in since they needed to rebuild the AOD and I used the way cool and way way expensive Advanced Adapters shaft and housing to put my tcase in my bronco II. I have the edlebrock 1405 carb. I bought the cable bracket from lokar too and the spacer kit to make the TV cable work right with my carb. The lokar kit made it a snap to set everything up. I hope to have my exploder 8.8 rear end in and the big jump from 3.45 to 3.73 gears by this time tomorrow if it doesn't rain and the in-laws don't stay too long. Anyway I will keep and eye out for your reply.

supergoalieman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I did figure out my cable, but now my transmission is not working at all sooo I haven't had a chance to see how it worked out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals