• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Interior Restoration

For anyone interested in redoing their interior on the cheap this is what I did. Amazon headliner material. $60. Home Depot carpet $40.
  2. Blowing O2 Fuse

2000 Ranger 2.5. When I turn the ignition on it'll blow the O2 fuse in the power distribution box immediately. I unplugged everything on that circuit and it still blows. However, if I unplug the large plug between the power distribution box and engine harness/pcm it doesn't blow the fuse...
  3. Twin I Beam Lift

I think I asked a few years ago why this wasn't a sticky. Well, I probably didn't post enough info. So here we go. You got the twin I beam and you want to lift it... So you start with this and you buy a 4WD lift kit which obviously won't work. Unless it does. So, you do the rear. Easy...
  4. For Sale Free 4r70W

Yes. Free. It came out of an F150. That's all I know. Central florida area. Will probably not ship.
  5. Electrical Demon

So I stumbled on a random electrical malfunction in my 2.5 Ranger. Now I've previously done a 4.0 swap in my Bronco II but they are different engines and different wire routings. It's pretty simple. Randomly blowing fuses. Then battery gauge disappears to zero. Pop the hood. Damn. Fuses...
  6. Its been a long time

I still have my Bronco II and it still has the explorer drivetrain. I finally got all the sensors and brakes working right about 2 years ago. It's a stock 4.0 with an m50d 4 wheel disc brakes from an early 00s mustang F350 master 6" lift Truck will do burnouts in reverse. I have rode it...
  7. Lifting a 65-79 I beam

I'm lifting a 2wd 78 F150 with the older style I beams. There's no camber adjustment besides bending the beam so I'm going to make some drop brackets and add camber bolts. If I had a perfectly level surface it wouldn't be very difficult. My question is how do I know how far to drop the axle...
  8. Some 4.0 Questions

I'm planning on adding a t3/t4 hybrid turbo to my 93 4.0 and I have some general questions about these motors. Do these have a forged assembly? I've read this online before but I can't seem to find out for sure. Is the exhaust bolt pattern the same between the ohv and sohc? It would be...
  9. Old Girl Bit the Dust Today

I don't know if it's repairable, since the frame is bent. I had just gotten the 4.0 I swapped running awesome, put an m5Od in, and done a 5 inch front lift, 4 inch rear lift on brand new 32s so I thought I'd go for a drive. Guy made a left in front of me when I had a green light and that was...
  10. First Gen Blower Motor Wiring

I have an 86 Bronco II that I did a 4.0 swap on. My blower motor hasn't worked since and I finally got around to sorting that out. I see the first gens don't have a relay for the blower and all of my factory plugs are still connected. However, I don't have power at the dash fuse for the...
  11. Alignment Specs

Does anybody have a picture or scan of the alignment specs for a first gen Ranger/Bronco II. Even a book that has them would be helpful. My Haynes manual does not and it turns out I need a reputable source (not internet) for the specs to file a case against a certain corporation.
  12. Steering Issues

Took my Bronco II in for an alignment after lifting it and it's very hard to control the steering. I do have a dropped pitman arm and axle beam drop brackets. He got the toe and camber in spec but the caster is still -4.9 on the left and -8.8 on the right. He wouldn't adjust it further...
  13. Bronco II 4x4 Ball Joints

How difficult are these to do? I've only done ball joints on my 80 camaro and this is a totally different suspension. I'm gonna try and knock all four out tomorrow so any tips are appreciated. It looks like the axles slip out after removing the brakes and hubs. From there I planned on...
  14. Output Shaft Interchange

I have a Bronco II with a Mitsubishi 5 speed. I also have a 2wd M5OD that I'll be putting in. I'd like to keep my 4WD and I couldn't find a 4wd one anywhere with a 4.0 bellhousing. Will I be able to bolt my transfer case up if I swap the output shafts and will everything in the transmission...
  15. DIY Pillar Pod

This is for everyone like me who is happy with the appearance of the factory dash and yet dissatisfied with the accuracy of the idiot lights. In my case, I no longer have idiot lights after I swapped a 4.0 in my Bronco II but I never liked them to begin with. Also, the Bronco II really doesn't...
  16. Bronco II Camber

I installed some Moog F150 springs in my Bronco II and ended up with 5 inches of lift in the front. The camber is pretty bad. This is with 4 degree camber bushings adjusted in all the way: Is there any way to adjust it further or do I need axle drop brackets?
  17. Leaf Spring Bushings Part Number

Thought I'd throw this in here for anybody having a hard time finding the rear leaf spring eye bushings. Moog part number K200129 is an exact fit. It's listed for an 80 F150 but it'll fit any 2 1/2" wide spring with a 1 1/4" outer bushing shell. I picked them up at Oreilly for about 10 bucks...
  18. Dana 28 U Joint Cap

I had to cut one of my U joint caps in order to remove my front driveshaft. Do they still make these?
  19. Alternator Noise

My alternator makes a wicked squeal on startup and chirps once I start driving. I replaced it with a new alternator and I get the same noise. I did find the plug was bad so I replaced it with a new one as well which eliminated most of the squealing. I'm wondering if the voltage regulator may...
  20. Intermittent Rough Idle

So the 4.0 was running great til today when I hit a stoplight and the idle started bouncing around. Fuel pressure tested around 35 psi and it has a new ignition coil and injectors that I cleaned and rebuilt myself. I know the internals are good because I rebuilt the entire motor. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad