• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Been a while

So here is what I been working on
  2. Stealerships

Adsmo8, I have the right to use that term. I worked all departments of major dealerships, service and parts manager as well as writing service and wrenching, and as a partsman, also did warranty claims, 30 years worth and five different dealerships, I have seen what goes on behind the curtain...
  3. Thought I got a brake

Well got my Motorcraft wheel cylinders today(rockauto) was ready to put them babies on till I found out that not one but both where seized, solid, well maybe I can fix'em, so it to 120 psi to blow the pistons out, in inside was just scum and the cylinders pitted, made in all places italy...
  4. chrome covers

I recently purchased a Trans Dapt chrome cover it was really heavy duty twice the weight of the stock 7.5 cover deep luster to the chrome, was impressed but when I put it on a flat surface it was warped so bad from the poor stamping equipment or from the gauge of the metal being just to thick...
  5. long winter first time out of shop

Just waiting for my brake parts to come, so I can paint my backing plates while waiting, good to have it back rolling now the fun stuff starts, and the drip was from filling the diff, just for you eagle eye mo foz:icon_rofl:
  6. brakes wont give me a break

So I go to O'reilys pick up every thing, wheel cylinders shoes, spring kit. get all home after 40 min drive home, put the wheel cylinder in its hole, put the bolts in tighten them down, there miss machined and and wont tighten down so I try the other one, way worse than the other, they didnt...
  7. Cheap or lazy

Pulled my brakes down in the rear to day, the last one in there only replace one shoe on both sides, one riveted, and trailing bonded, and to different brands, I know the last owner so shop must have put the screws to him:thefinger:
  8. Rear End Just Fell Out

What the???? going to try and put it back in
  9. Any one know

I have been all over the net looking for replacement rear steel brake line nylon, stand off clips, that hold the brake lines along the frame, dormans no go, ford partsman, well about as useful as a condom with a hole in it, no I dont want to use zip tyes, any one got any Ideas. I painted my...
  10. Its Late and its almost bed time

what where you thinking:headbang::headbang::icon_cheers:
  11. Flipped hangers its Buggin me

was thinking about flipping my hangers so I thougt that i would just go to the tec forum on lowering, is it me or is the before picture wrong, shows the hanger already inverted, and the after shows the shackle reversed on the already flipped hanger, kind of like the forum on the 4.6 that states...
  12. Fuel line release

First time for this one 99 ranger xl 2.5 pressure side fuel line coupling at the tank wont release, I can feel the tool open the garter spring up but the line wont release I have all the different ones plastic sleeve type, pliers type the alloy fancy one from snap on all open the spring but...
  13. Dont like that plastic rear bumper cap

Heres a few things I tried and what i end up with, first pic is after I trimed it down to just the pad part and the second is what I ended up doing, still have to make a center piece or I may put a led brake light system over the center. Aluminum plate cuts real easy with a simple jig saw and a...
  14. light shaft

Any one know if any of the later 98 up long framed 111.5" reg cab, 2wd M50d-r1 equiped transmissions used a alloy drive shaft :icon_idea:
  15. weird tool mods what you got

what you got and why you made it, this is a cut down 1and1/8th combination cut, bent and ground, as well as open ended, its sole purpose is the take the egrm tube off of 1993 Grand Marquis egr valve every 20k to clean the pipe to exhaust manifold,:icon_welder:
  16. Buffed and mount no not the wife

Weather was nice to day, about time, so I was able to get my grille buffed new paint, was grey, buff out and mount my modded hood, oh and thank you duplicolor the paint match is dead on
  17. All black wins it

Thanks to evey one for there opinons on my hood, finished it up and added my lettering. Every thing is done in spray bed liner, sorry about the dark pic my flash still is on the blink, heres drivers view
  18. Washingtons new pot laws

So I built these bong pipes for the dope smokers but every one said to expensive to use, so I guess Iam going to have to break out my mig welder and use them here :icon_welder:
  19. what you can do with 3 tools

Home Depot, and $40.00, plus these tools builds this Guard, goes in the center under bumper, if weather holds I will spray with bedliner monday, and mount, put in the new sway bar today but cant tighten it down since the guard uses the sway bar bolts, pic shows a gap in the front bushings cause...
  20. Stripe opinons

Need Input since I can't make up my mind, Iam in the middle of redoing my hood, keep in mind things are just sitting in place, and not attached.Even the bedliner paint on the scoop is fresh so it has not dulled down yet to match the hood, stripe on one side is just masking tape and not the color...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad