• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Do you still sell the NP435 to Ranger 4.0 adapter? I'm interested in one.

Do you still sell the NP435 to Ranger 4.0 adapter? I'm interested in one.
  2. FM146 inner boot

I'm looking for a source for the inner shifter boot. I found a part number for the boot, but I don't think its a ford part number. 5MD727052. Everything I come across is for the newer M5R1. Has anyone tried to adapt/modify the newer M5R1 boot to the FM146? Does anyone have the Ford part...
  3. Starter Mod A4LD swap to manual Q's

I'm getting all my ducks in a row so I can get my A4LD recycled into beer cans. I want to swap a FM146 manual transmission to my Ranger running a 91 Explorer 4.0 V6 engine. I know the M5R1 is WAY better, but I can't find one. For now the FM146 will do, until I can get my hands on one...
  4. Tranny swap Q's

I need some help!!!!:icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused: I'm swapping from an A4LD to a FM146 5-speed tranny. The reason for the choice is that I got it dirt cheap. My A4LD has officially blown up one too many times. It has to go. My situation: The FM146 didn't have the blocking...
  5. Dana 44 and Ford 9" Swap

CBC, I'm hoping you can help me with some info. On your build pics you have a shorter front drive shaft laying next to the original("off something ford"). What vehicle was the donor? Does it have a part number that I may be able to cross reference? My stock shaft is just a little too long...
  6. SAS Spring Selection Info Wanted

I know there is a lot of discussion regarding spring selection for SAS and what variables to consider(super cab, EX, BroncoII, engine size, winch bumper, axle, etc...). I would like to compile the info into a STICKY or maybe get added to the tech library if possible. I've looked through the...
  7. Ford 9 inch ABS question and e-brake

Thanks for your input. This is a tough subject. I will keep researching and see if it can be done. I haven't had any issues without ABS so far, and for now I will keep my setup as is. 4x4 Junkie I will look into the transfer case solution. That may be the easiest way to rig up something...
  8. Ford 9 inch ABS question and e-brake

I've done an a 9 inch axle swap on my 91 Explorer. This is part of my Dana 44 SAS conversion (Both pulled from a 78 bronco). I have the axle installed, but no way of reconnecting the ABS sensor to the the 9 inch. Has anyone out there managed to modify the 9 inch to accept the reluctor ring...
  9. SAS Driveshaft Q's

Rump Ranger, I did a fit check under the frame and it seems that I'm not gaining much height as you are saying. Un sprung height looks huge, but when the truck rests on it, I gain an inch'ish I'd say. Once its all said and done I will double check. LittleBigFoot, I will have to check out the...
  10. SAS Driveshaft Q's

Hey all, I'm doing a full-width Dana 44/Ford 9 swap off a 78 bronco. These are going under a 91 Explorer Sport with Dana 35 and 8.8 stock. For now I plan on keeping the stock drive shafts until I get cash to get custom ones made. What does it take to adapt the stock shafts to the new...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad