• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Code 411

My Ranger has a 4.0 from a 91 Explorer swapped in recently (auto, 4x4). Haven't had a CEL yet, but plugged in my rinky-dink code reader and got code 411 during KOER test. "Cannot control RPM during KOER low RPM check" The only irregularities about the swap: A/C had been removed. The only...
  2. A4LD Installation Question

So I bolted my A4LD transmission back onto the 4.0L motor that came out of a 1991 Explorer and ran into problems. I bolted the torque converter to the motor before lifting the transmission into place, supporting it with jacks and jackstands and the slid it into place. The transmission slid into...
  3. A4LD Seized?

First of all, forgive me if this is a stupid question but I'm an absolute virgin when it comes to automatic transmissions. I have what I beleive is an A4LD tranny (Came out of 1991 4x4 Explorer) that has been sitting in a tarp shelter for a very humid winter, spring, and summer (was only...
  4. Explorer Hubs.

I bought a 1992 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition 4x4 for parts. It has manual locking Warn hubs, I've read these aren't a factory option? Is there anything I should be concerned about, anything I should check that could've been done improperly or in a less than adequate way during the...
  5. Explorer Motor Cross-Member

Ok, so somebody just gave me a 1992 Explorer, 4.0L, auto, 4x4. The motor and entire drive-line in my 1989 Ranger, 2.9L, manual, 2WD is on the verge of breaking into many many pieces. I've read that the 2WD and 4x4 cross-members (under the motor) are different. SO, the question is, how much...
  6. SPOUT connector disconnected.

My TFI went bad about a month ago, and my truck runs well enough to be mobile with the SPOUT disconnected, so I've been driving it like that ever since. I'm just curious how badly I'm damaging my motor by doing so, I'm guessing significantly, because when I step on it it sounds like the...
  7. Transmission questions.

I've got a couple questions. I have a 1989 Ford Ranger, 2.9L, 2WD, manual transmission. I'm looking at a 1992 Explorer, 4.0L, 4WD, automatic transmission that the guy's basically giving away. Will the M5OD from the 2.9L bolt onto the 4L, or did the 4L M5OD's have different bolt patterns? Are...
  8. No spark.

My truck will start and run, as long as I hold the key in the START position. (I'm assuming it'll stay running, I've never held it for more than a half second.) But, as soon as I let it back to the RUN position the spark stops immediately. However, if I unplug the SPOUT connecter the truck will...
  9. Truck Died!!

I was driving, the truck stalled, then bump started itself back to life right away, (It's a standard), drove a few seconds, then did it again, and kept going like that until I pulled off the highway and coasted into a parking lot. A few of the times it stalled it took a few seconds to fire back...
  10. Am I just crazy?

A friend of mine just offered me an old Cadillac that's been through a demolition derby but still runs amazing. It has a 500ci in it, and I'm considering putting it into my parts truck. I don't know anything more specific about the motor, but does anyone know if it'll even fit? Custom fab'ing's...
  11. Code 67

1989 2.9L 2WD Manual Ranger. Pulled codes and got 67 (O). What exactly does this mean?
  12. 1989 Ranger 2.9L 2WD Oil Pressure Relief Spring

I have a 1989 Ranger 2.9L 2WD, I have the oil pump out and am trying to remove the oil pressure relief spring. I just want to know if it's threaded, right or left, or if it's pressed in before I go breaking anything. If you have any suggestions on how to get it out with nothing more special than...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad