• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9 wire harness

I am building a buggy since my rangers electrical system took a royal shit on me however work has got me in a pinch and was wondering if anyone made a complete painless wire harness to take the motor out and drop in my buggy since its already a 5 speed with a 1354 Tcase I liked the setup before...
  2. MIOBI LABOR DAY (Southeastern Iowa)

There will be events all weekend and the band Crooked Eye is playing Saturday night.
  3. One link front

Has anyone here one linked an RBV? My leafs flex great on my 88 but they are a bit soft and it bottoms out if I try to bounce it off of anything so Ive been tossing around link Ideas and I have a friend with a couple buggies one linked and they work kick ass Im just curious of the amount of BS...
  4. Square driveshaft..

I need a cheap front extendable driveshaft soo square tubing is the easiest choice for a trial only truck. Will the slip yoke be stiff enough to allow the tubing to separate or will it still just pull out the slipyoke. This is the only problem Im having with my SAS to much travel and flex and...
  5. WWII Dodge Military 1.5 ton axles

I know a guy that runs D70s in his buggy and has lil problem keepin the together turnin 50"+ tractor tires.
  6. 4th of july events?

Hey Im curious if there were any Events going on for the 4th of july weekend for the Iowa, Missouri, illinois area? Or maybe someone would like to throw one Ill hopefully have the victim all pieced back together and ready to do some more damage. Maybe the Cliffs, The Farm, or Possibly MIOBI.
  7. Exhaust manifold problem

So during the wheeling event I managed to bust my exhaust manifold are these hard to change? Also are there any companies that make a set of Hooders(headers that g0 straight up through the hood)for the 2.9 V6? I know it would sound dumb as hell but it wouldnt break again when Im stuck and hve...
  8. Make it or break it event pics.

Well I came home a lil earlier than I planned still had a blast met some new friends and had one hell of a saturday night lol. I spent most of the time wheelin, wrenchin, and drinkin(in that order lol). Not many action pics but I got pics of a few of the trucks/buggys there was 130+ rigs that...
  9. spongey brake pedal need help

My brake pedal is spongey now(it wasnt perfect before the SAS) but the truck stops seemingly fine. Would this be because Im using dual piston front calipers with a stockmaster cylinder? If I unhook the Vac booster its all good but when I plug it back it it returns to spongey. Its not air in the...
  10. Axles for ranger(Debate)

Rockwells are cheaper than a D60/14 bolt combo but putting 35son them would be like castrating a thoroughbred horse. A few fellow club members got a steer rok for $650 and a rear non steer for $200. All complete hub to hub and he got 4 wheels(for each set) with them to use the wheel centers...
  11. The Victim

Well I have a thread in the other section but after stripping the front ring gear I decided to sas with 3/4 ton ford axles D60 rear D44 front leafs all the way around. Im waiting on parts and good weather soo heres something to pass the time a ranger cab and frame. Yes Im using leafs and no I...
  12. Front Leaf question

What leaf springs work best for the front of a 88 Ranger? Specifically for offroad use only no higher than 25mph. I need to use leafs b/c well Im broke lol and there cheaper from a junkyard than the radius arm shit. Ive got a 2.9 5 speed most of the interrior is stripped and its got a 100lbs...
  13. Leaf Spring Idea

How much lift would inboarding leafs to under the frame cause? I would like to ditch my 3"blocks and move my Ranger springs under the frame and hook the shackles to a half spring like this for a cheap revolver setup... Any Ideas on how it would work or if its worth the effort. Ive got a few...
  14. Ranger ATV liscense

Soooo anyway I got to thinking and got a quick question... with all the rage about the sidexside atvs now I wonder what are the actuall rules on liscensing an atv. Why you might ask well I want to liscense my pickup as an ATV to be able to LEGALLY wheel at atv parks and not be gettin a ticket...
  15. Ford 7.5 tire question

Will the 7.5 be able to handle 32" tall tractor tires? Im considering ditching my Ltbs that are on the back for something with more grip since I have no bed for rear weight but dont want to break axles until I can afford to start my 44/9 swap next winter...
  16. MIOBI Memorial Day

I posted the first one in the wrong thread sooo any questions ask and Ill be glad to answer.
  17. Make It Or Break It

18. 8.8/D44 front axle hybrid

why not just put a 9 inch in both ends? it would be alot easier and stronger and you could use the same style 3rd member if you used a low pinion rear and fliped the axle up frotn to be a high pinion.... you still would have to weld on all the steerin and what not but I think that would be...
  19. Body lift removal

Ok Ive never done a body lift I never understood a use for them but I bought a truck that has a 3 inch body lift on it. The truck is an 88 ranger ext cab with a 5 speed. What are some things Im going to need to do like clutch linkages ect... I have 0 experience here. Im just dropping the cab...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad