• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Deiimos

Fuel Pump Longetivity Report

For your year, Motorcraft looks rather difficult to find so you might be at the mercy of trying one with the lifetime or limited lifetime warranty and hope for the best, save your reciept and maybe even make a copy of the receipt. I swapped my fuel pump a few months back, Rockauto luckily had a...
  2. Deiimos

Timing Cover Gasket Repair

Well, if it is anything like the 2001, you're supposed to lift the engine to do the oil pan gasket, which makes swapping the oil pan gasket is rather difficult (you can drop the pan slightly without the engine lifted, but it doesn't come out). I unbolted the engine mounts in mine, jacked the...
  3. Deiimos

Timing Cover Gasket Repair

I’d say a few hours if you take your time and have everything ready. I’d set aside a whole day or possibly weekend in case I ran into any problems or just want to go slow, as I often do :whistle: . Not horribly difficult though. I don’t know anything about the Dorman kit. I did not replace...
  4. Deiimos

83-88 dash speaker adapter

I made some out of plywood to fit some 6.5” components into a 6x8” opening in one of my cars, they were a tad thick (used 1/2" ply or slightly thinner), but the wood worked. Have to watch the thickness though so the speakers don't rub on the door panel / speaker cover / trim, once it's clipped...
  5. Deiimos

Double din radio w backup camera

Yeah these will fit standard double din’s fine, but I did have to trim my bezel as mentioned to fit the stereo height, was easy to do. I’m using an older Pioneer and it works okay, but kinda old. I don’t like the push button volume though, I do have a remote for it I keep on the seat when...
  6. Deiimos

Best affordable head units?

You should be able to fit a "double din" in the 2004 with no issues (unless you prefer a single din for some reason), speakers should be 6x8", but you can run round speakers with an adapter plate if necessary as well. Figure out which features you need / want, example; does it need to play CD’s...
  7. Deiimos

Jump seat amp mounts

You probably already figured it out by now. Would probably work, especially if the seats are up most of the time, but the amps may run hotter with the seats folded down, being underneath them and upside down.
  8. Deiimos

Wrench holding on exhaust manifold

Manifold itself should not be threaded, or at least the one’s I’ve dealt with weren’t. Just a hole for a bolt or stud to go through. Kind of funny seeing the vice grips there. I’ll say years ago an oil pan bolt broke on an old car when me and my dad were trying to remove it for a new filter...
  9. Deiimos

Bead sealing HELP!

Yeah I do it basically like posted above on tires that are being difficult. Get the bead on one side seated as tight as you can, get a couple 4"x4" blocks under the tire so you can push the wheel down in the middle, flip it over, then while pumping a lot of air in with the valve core removed...
  10. Deiimos

Started my amp install..... and then pain.

It's one thing creating a wiring mess, it's another fixing someone else's. :ROFLMAO: You'll get it sorted though!
  11. Deiimos

Finally swapped out my 2001 stereo!

Tired of using the tape or FM adapter to plug in my phone. Had the bezel off to repair it as one of the 12v sockets got pushed in, and I’ve had this older Pioneer DVD head unit sitting around for a few years so figured I’d put it in the truck. Ordered a cheap harness and dash kit for $15. I...
  12. Deiimos

Why so many Cats?

I didn’t count them, but was under mine yesterday welding the flange between two of the cats as it is rusted / separating and getting too loud. It’s better now, but I had a moment where I told myself it seemed like a lot of cats in the system. Edit: I did finally count them out of curiosity...
  13. Deiimos

work boot thread

I’m not much of a boot wearer, but the Garmont T8 NFS have been the most comfortable pair I’ve worn. To me, they feel very close to wearing typical sneakers, pretty light weight, and don't hurt my feet or ankles after hours of wear, and just feel good overall. Not really "work" style boots, I...
  14. Deiimos

Air compressors

If the compressor takes a few people to move, that’s the one you want. :LOL: Seriously though, if you wanted a bigger compressor anyway, I’d say “most” 60 gallon and bigger will have a pump head with high enough CFM (10+) for relatively steady painting. Obviously research any you see for sale...
  15. Deiimos

Picked up some stock aluminum wheels

^That came out really good! I have the Outlaw II style like the OP posted, mine don’t have the extra holes for caps or whatever those are for (my caps push through the back) and might be a different brand. At any rate, they need redone as well, just haven’t felt like messing with them. I'd...
  16. Deiimos

What do you take to the Pull Yard?

I take tools I know I need, so if I’m getting an alternator, I take that stuff, but I know what is needed before I go. However, I’ll also take a few common socket sizes, and some near the size required just in case I get there and they are not the correct bolts on it. Mostly 3/8” stuff, but...
  17. Deiimos

Getting sick and tired of my ranger

Hopefully all goes smoothly when you take it back in.
  18. Deiimos

Getting sick and tired of my ranger

Sounds like it's been a good truck to you. Assuming it is still a gasket leak or main seal, a competent shop should be able to fix it no problem, I would hope. If they refuse to try and fix it which I'm guessing they will, maybe find a better shop. I know people get attached to shops / places...
  19. Deiimos

94 Oil Pan Gasket.

Take what I post as not properly done, nor recommended, just what I did. Mine is a 2001, not sure what differences that may have, or if this is even possible for that year. I wasn’t able to pull the engine and needed my oil pan gasket swapped (developed a bad leak, bad enough I could not drive...
  20. Deiimos

coolant leak after coolant leak…

Might want to swap the crank / balancer seal while the cover is off, or at the very least inspect the harmonic balancer for wear (can get a repair sleeve and oversized seal for it if so, or just replace both items with new). My balancer was slightly grooved and I installed a repair sleeve /...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad