• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lower timing cover

I am in need of sourcing and a part number for the lower aluminum timing cover that attaches to the front engine block and oil pan. This is for a 93 ranger 2.3.i destroyed the original one as I was getting the timing gear off the crank. Any help would be appreciated, I need it to continue on...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Standard rings ?

I have my 2.3 block on the engine stand,ready for reassembly.I know the stock bore is 3.780, I also have a repair manual that calls out stock bore as 3.7795-- 3.7810. my current bore measured out at 3.775,I am needing input if I can go back with standard rings on my original pistons?
  3. Timing gear removal

I've got my 2.3 on an engine stand and I cannot remove the timing gear off the crankshaft. I even heated the gear red and couldn't get it to pop off. Any ideas?
  4. Where is my oil going?

I have a 93 ranger 2.3.The truck has black oily soot all over the lower panel and bumper.it does not smoke at all.I am putting a quart of oil in daily.since it doesn't smoke I made an assumption the oil was being lost from the exhaust valve guides or stem seals, apparently I was wrong.I...
  5. No compression

have a 93 ranger 2.3l that idles badly but when I give it gas it drives fine.Recently the check oil light has started coming on and I am adding a quart of oil every 3 days.the truck does not smoke at all.i decided to do a compression test. When I pulled the plugs they were all a light tan color...
  6. Clutch slipping?

My 93 ranger’s clutch appears to be slipping however I cannot find a reason why. Initially I thought there may be oil leaking on the clutch. After pulling the clutch out I found nothing, everything looks good. could it be a weak pressure plate?The clutch setup was replaced 6 months ago. The...
  7. Transmisson problem ?

So I am going down the highway this morning at around 60 mph and suddenly I hear a loud grinding and clunking for a second or two then the truck continued on fine. I get off the highway at the next exit and investigate and found nothing, engine idling good. I proceeded on with my drive and as I...
  8. Highway stalling

My 93 ranger 2.3 has developed an intermittent stalling issue at Highway speeds,this is my daily driver that I drive 200 miles a day. No problem firing up and runs good.i drive the first 40 miles of my journey with no problems and the truck is well warmed up. I get up on the highway and...
  9. High idle

I need some ideas on high idle.I have a 93 ranger 2.3l. idle increases when I put on the defrost.when I turn the defrost off the truck idles perfectly. On some vehicles this may be normal, however my truck has never done this.also when it is at high idle the rpm does not drop as it should when...
  10. Kicking my arse.

i have a93 ranger I cannot figure out. It all started with a 224 code that was a failing ICM.one night I parked the truck and it was running however the next morning the truck wouldn't start. I replaced the ICM, CPS and the timing belt (maintenance).using a multi meter I confirmed power to the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad