Recent content by adsm08

1. adsm08

Wheel Horse Mower

Yeah, Kohler tune up parts are still out there. Stens is a good alternative if you can't find Kohler. My 855 needs a valve job. I have the new head gasket, just waiting for late October, in my down time between the end of mowing season and the start of plowing season.
  2. adsm08

Grinding when letting off the gas

Close. Center Axle Disconnect. Basically the short axle is always fully engaged to the front diff, and the long axle has a break in it that engages a splined collar, a lot like the slider hub in a manual transmission. This allows the front axle to be disconnected, since an open diff would then...
  3. adsm08

FM145 fluid

I used ATF once. I no longer have that transmission.
  4. adsm08

The Super Duty hubs, which you seem to be referencing, were pretty reliable as well. In the era you called out the 1/2 ton chassis would have been using a vacuum actuated CAD unit. Those things broke all the time. My dad owned a 97 F150 for 6 years and had to have the CAD unit serviced almost...
  5. adsm08

Plugs and wires

Oxygen sensors don't report the amount of fuel in anything. They report the amount of oxygen. It causes a rich condition because fresh air entering between the cylinder and the sensor makes it over-report the amount of oxygen left over from the combustion event.
  6. adsm08

Well to be fair they are a fair bit more reliable than the other auto hub systems Ford tried.
  7. adsm08

Looks like Saleen got screwed by the Chinese government

I haven't trusted China since 1295.
  8. adsm08

2.3L ('83-'97) Harmonic Balancer Removal

Finding your response is a lot easier when what you typed lands outside of the quote tags.
  9. adsm08

There is a TSB out on the 15-18 F-150s/Expeditions for a similar noise. You replace the vacuum check valve on the IWE line, check the rest of the system for leaks, then inspect the IWE engaging rings and bearings for any wear on the teeth. Unplug the IWE control solenoid and see if your noise...
  10. adsm08

Simple things you hate doing?

What year F-150? The 04 body style had issues with the cluster itself that would turn the light on and leave it on even though the fluid level was correct and the parking brake wasn't set. With the right spring tool and the knowledge of how to use it correctly they aren't terrible. I just wish...
  11. adsm08

2.3L ('83-'97) Harmonic Balancer Removal

Ford seems to think it falls off. Instructions literally just say "Remove bolt, remove damper hub".
  12. adsm08

1995 computer to a 1993

Somewhere on the computer's label is a series of numbers and letters broken up into three sections. The middle section is 12A650. If the first two digits are F4 it's a 94, if they are F5 it's a 95. An OBDII computer shouldn't even plug into your 93's harness.
  13. adsm08

1995 computer to a 1993

95 was the start of OBDII for the Rangers and a lot of other light duty Ford vehicles. 93 is still firmly in OBDI territory. Not only will it not work, it won't even plug in.
  14. adsm08

We said simple things. Every time I do drum brakes I start spouting a string of profanity wrapped around the phrase "Seven handed French monkey". If offered the chance to go back in time and kill anyone I wanted to change the course of history I would leave baby Hitler alone and go after Louis...
  15. adsm08

Not a fan of entropy I take it.