Recent content by adsm08

1. adsm08

Spare PATS Key Programming - I Need Help Please

I don't use ForScan much, but it is designed to mirror the IDS program that I use every day. The functions are largely the same, but the interface is different.
  2. adsm08

Somewhere in ForScan there should be a PID for the key ID. It will give the ID number of the chip in the key that is in the ignition. That can tell you if you have cloned keys. An original and a clone will have the same ID number, two individuals will have different IDs.
  3. adsm08

Reassurance needed

You forgot a trans. But early 3.0s can be run on 2.9 computers and vice versa.
  4. adsm08

Funniest Repair Orders you've seen?

I once re-balanced an annoying co-worker's drive shaft with stick-on wheel weights.
  5. adsm08

Illegal?!?!

I saw this pop up in the new business list and it reminded me of just exactly how much I do not miss mattpresley.
  6. adsm08

No rear end Expo.

7. adsm08

If using Forscan you should be able to get into the PID menu for the PATS system and see how many keys have been programmed. It will accept up to 8. Checking for cloned keys is harder, but if they both have the blue and silver Ford logo it is unlikely either is a clone. Clones have a more...
  8. adsm08

Decaf tea.

I don't drink coffee, but I have access to a fairly steady flow of stuff from Santo Domingo. Not sure what' it's called but I have heard it described as Jet Fuel.
  9. adsm08

A couple of vintage B2 videos...

I agree, they are not super unstable. The key is to drive them like they are a small, tall SUV, not a Miata. If you aren't an idiot you won't have issues. I will say mine starts to feel a little tippy around 80 MPH.
  10. adsm08

I saw Fifi at MAAM this summer. I think I got some videos of her one landing approach on my phone. I'll have to look and see if I recorded it, or if I was too busy watching it with my eyes and not my phone.
  11. adsm08

I like these B-# better. MADKeDVifh0 rcvDQXMh-DM
  12. adsm08

Catalytic Converter - good or no good ?

During the big recalls on the Windstars where many of them were grounded for months waiting for rear axle beams and subframes a large dealership near where I worked had about 20 or 30 sitting on the lot grounded waiting for parts. One night some guys came in with torches and snagged all the cats...
  13. adsm08

Catalytic Converter - good or no good ?

For a stud left is a head, with a threaded shank under the surface, this tool is wonderful. For Josh's situation I have found a hammer to be more useful.
  14. adsm08

Decaf tea.

Most teas, and lots of plants, contain some level of caffine. For most teas brewing the bags for a minute and tossing out that water and starting fresh with the used bags is enough to decaffeinate the end result.
  15. adsm08

If the customer program feature is not working it may be turned off or the truck may have the maximum 8 keys already programmed. As for the how of programming with Forscan, I haven't done it yet.