Recent content by adsm08

1. adsm08

Anyone tried a resonator exhaust tip?

I tried one once, it was so heavy the pipes bent when they got warm.
  2. adsm08

FM145 2.3L trans swap to 2.9L

Other thing to consider, the FM145 is about 2 inches shorter than an A4LD, so your drive shafts are wrong.
  3. adsm08

How much hp can the ford 7.5 handle?

I grenaded a grenade once.
  4. adsm08

Reliability issue

Nope, even Fred got a flat and didn't have a spare, had to walk to the store to buy one, and on Pebble's birthday of all days.
  5. adsm08

Snake oil

I just pour ground up roofing nails in my oil.
  6. adsm08

3.8 to 3.0 header swap?

That's what I'd do.
  7. adsm08

3.8 to 3.0 header swap?

I wouldn't count on it. The 3.0 and 3.8 don't use the same manifold gaskets, so the ports are either different sizes, or spaced different, or both. Even if they were the same spacing and size, a set of Mustang headers is not likely to fit well in a Ranger.
  8. adsm08

Eco plastic?

Never. I back him on this and I am willing to escalate it to the level of the Wars of Religion that waged throughout Europe in the 1550-1560s.
  9. adsm08

More tire kicking...

Right, the truck in question has a 4.0.
  10. adsm08

More tire kicking...

Can you explain to me why this is such a big deal?
  11. adsm08

99 Explorer loses all gears when hot

If you do it yourself, I don't know what the cost would be. I can't even guess because I don't know what hard parts you will find worn or damaged when you get inside. I just priced Ford reman for my own Explorer, and my price was just under $2700, and that's with me installing it.
  12. adsm08

Snake oil

None of those oil stop leaks worked for me when the oil pan wasn't installed.
  13. adsm08

value of white vans plummeting?????

You would. Does Dirtman do the navigating?
  14. adsm08

Automotive technology you miss.

It was a Euro thing. Apparently, from what I have been told, that was how it was done in Europe at the time, and Ford thought it was going to catch on here, so they tried to do it, and being Americans, we hated it.
  15. adsm08

1952 Ford 8N worth restoring?

I agree, as a flip it isn't worth it and will be hard to break even. As a tractor to have and use, if I had enough land to need something that size I'd hop on a running 8N for $1000 all day long. As it is my 855 is plenty for my lot.