• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've known quite a few, but none were very sick. I've known more that were sicker from the vaccine.
It put my dad and grandfather in the hospital for a week and almost put MIL in the hospital too. All three are healthy/active.

Pretty much everybody in my family has had a vaccine, for most the only side effects were a sore arm for a day and a one day cold.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
It put my dad and grandfather in the hospital for a week and almost put MIL in the hospital too. All three are healthy/active.

Pretty much everybody in my family has had a vaccine, for most the only side effects were a sore arm for a day and a one day cold.
Thankfully no close family members were hospitalized from it, but I've known several people that were. I had a relatively mild case and was still barely functional for a few days. My sister in law took a month before lung function was restored enough to get back to normal life.
The vaccine on the other hand? No reaction to the first shot, and the one day cold on the second.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thankfully no close family members were hospitalized from it, but I've known several people that were. I had a relatively mild case and was still barely functional for a few days. My sister in law took a month before lung function was restored enough to get back to normal life.
The vaccine on the other hand? No reaction to the first shot, and the one day cold on the second.
The first one was worse for me.

One day cold for both but I had a knot in my arm for a day with the first one too. Second was just a cold like thing.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just had a sore arm for a day, wife and friends that got it also just had the sore arm, Pfizer brand.
We haven't got the 2nd ones yet, will be a few more months up here, seems Canadians are way to polite to demand the vaccine amount promised, lol, so suppliers put us way down on the list when they are short on supplies

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just had a sore arm for a day, wife and friends that got it also just had the sore arm, Pfizer brand.
We haven't got the 2nd ones yet, will be a few more months up here, seems Canadians are way to polite to demand the vaccine amount promised, lol, so suppliers put us way down on the list when they are short on supplies
Dad caught a cold like the day he was supposed to get his second one, they could only push it back so far before he would have had to wait like two months and then start over.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
I've known quite a few, but none were very sick. I've known more that were sicker from the vaccine.
My wife had severe pneumonia from it and my otherwise perfectly healthy daughter was almost hospitalized when her blood oxygen tanked. My case wasn't too bad, but there's still times when I can barely breathe randomly. My entire team at work got sick, one was hospitalized and another probably should have. There was a week or two where the grocery supply chain almost totally collapsed and we just kept throwing bodies at it like WW1. My friend who's an ER doc in urban NJ told me stories about care decisions they had to make that the height of things when the hospital was bursting at the seams.

Just because nothing happened in your world doesn't mean that it's not a big deal. You should be considering yourself fortunate instead of talking about how much of a lie it is.

Zmans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
At our hospital, our admin lost her husband to it 2 months before his retirement they were married for 34 years. My Aunt passed in upstate New York to it no one could visit for the funeral.
Our hospital superintendent of facilities hospitalized,and did not return to work after 6 months he survived but still suffers. Its very real when it’s in front of you. Just know the first responders who tend to the Clients/Patients know the real truth…. Welcome to the State Hospital. I’m not subscribing to anyone speaking conspiracy theories. Politics seem like another topic keep it separate.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I do contract work in a nursing home that lost half their population to COVID... lost as in died. Half of an entire facility!

I also know plenty of people who were very sick. Fortunately for me it was not much more than mild allergies... my kid and fiance, maybe a bad cold. Both of us fell into the "education/gov't employee" category so we got vaccinated early, mine in the beginning of March. I definitely have NOT met ANYONE who "got sicker from the vaccine".............. :rolleyes:

All that in mind I am very much against mandatory masks, curfews and other restrictions. I think basic hygiene goes a lot further than a little piece of cloth on your face...there are a lot of damn dirty people out there. I watch people every day go take a poop with their mask on and then touch everything in a public bathroom and walk out without washing their hands. Add in all the idiotic politics of the mask debate, and I just have really decided that they are useless against filthy people and sick people who should have stayed home. I'm done wearing them unless I absolutely have to.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well masks that people wear are not for self protection, some may think they are but no not really
They are to protect other people from your exhaled breath, to try and limit its range as much as possible
It literally is only better than nothing, not suppose to be 100% effective at all, 1% is way better than 0% effective, 100 million billion times more effective, do the math, lol

Wearing a mask is like having brake lights or turn signals or tail lights, absolutely no benefit to you the driver, but it helps others on the road if you do have them and use them
Although an arguement could be made for brakes lights benefiting the driver of the vehicle, lol

Hospital workers and others that MUST be near confirmed Covid cases will use different masks and other protective coverings for their own protection
Like we use head lights :)

Last edited:

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed
Just because nothing happened in your world doesn't mean that it's not a big deal. You should be considering yourself fortunate instead of talking about how much of a lie it is.
Your particular view is no more of a complete view than is mine. This is why we should look at the total statistics, unfortunately there are too many powerful interests playing with the data to serve various agendas, which makes it very hard to get an accurate picture. Nonetheless the statistic do show that the vast, vast majority of serious cases occur in people with one or more other serious heath problems. Additionally, our modern diets are crap and many suffer from poor nutrition even if they seem to be healthy.

I've never said the virus is not real, and it appears to hit a small percentage of the population very hard while not bothering the majority much at all. We should be figuring out why that is an protecting those few who are vulnerable.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
We should be figuring out why that is an protecting those few who are vulnerable.
You mean like getting vaccinated and wearing a mask?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You mean like getting vaccinated and wearing a mask?
No. Not wearing masks because they do nothing to prevent the spread of the virus and cause very real issues for some people.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
No. Not wearing masks because they do nothing to prevent the spread of the virus and cause very real issues for some people.
So does dying...

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals