• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 05 F150 reg cab short box

snoopjonnyjon

01/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here's my 2005 F150 XL reg cab, short box 2wd, with the tiny 4.2V6. VERY cheap truck that has not given me even one minute of trouble. Only mods I have done are a 7 inch touchscreen and the 22s.

I think their goal when designing the stock wheels was to make the ugliest wheel possible. I've seen plastic Power Wheels with better looking rims.

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Sweet f150, you should swap the front end and mirrors with something with more chrome, to match your pretty wheels!!!!

snoopjonnyjon

01/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That had been my plan, but I just love the durability of the bare black plastic. It may not be pretty, but at least it stays looking new! I always see higher level trucks with body color grilles (and bumpers like on the FX4 and HD F150) and they are always chipped and pitted from stone chips. My old man has an otherwise identical looking truck in an XLT with the chrome grille surround, and honeycomb grille. Maybe I'm crazy, but I am starting to prefer the look of mine. I LOVE that mine has rubber floors. Everytime I go out dirt riding I can just pressure wash out the interior afterwards... just gotta be careful to not get the touchscreen too wet!

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's nice to see someone else who likes reg cab short bed trucks. Definately a dying breed now-a-days. Such a shame because trucks don't get any better looking.

scott5640

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
i hate the 04+ f150's the box is too tall, and makes the wheel well tiny

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's nice to see someone else who likes reg cab short bed trucks. Definately a dying breed now-a-days. Such a shame because trucks don't get any better looking.
i think the short box reg cabs look good and i think they are a better off road platform. they are more like a bronco. if i had the money i would have bought one but now i really have too many vehicles.

i still prefer the ext. cab or crew cab 8 ft box more, but that is an even faster dying breed.

Spootnuke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Manual
If only I could find one of these with 4x4... Short bed single cabs are some of the best looking trucks IMO.

nate09

Reaction score
im not a fan of big wheels, but newer trucks do a pretty good job of pulling them off. however the particular style you choose is not my cup of tea, i do think its a good looking truck. the front trim looks good and i think chrome would just be too much.

ati190

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how's the 4.2L?

snoopjonnyjon

01/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The 4.2L is adequate. It is actually very difficult to notice the difference in performance between this truck, and my father's 4.6L 4x4 XLT. The difference in weight between 2wd and 4wd seems to be enough to put them about on par. Neither are fast, or fun (I've got other toys for that), but adequate for hauling a couple dirtbikes and still being able to pass on the highway into a headwind. Certainly a heck of a lot better than the 3.0L V6 my Ranger originally had. I was really doubtful about getting a fullsize truck with a pathetic V6, but I've never regretted it since.

I like big wheels and small wheels equally, and have both on my other "fullsize Fords".:icon_twisted:

22's on the 2008, and 14s on the 1989

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals