• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

duraspark carb

85general

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6 durasparked holley 350
Transmission
Manual
i took off my old stock 2.8 carb cause i just did the duraspark conversion an what carb off another vehicle can i put on it? i had a carb from a 302 2bbl an it will start off it but you have to hold it to the floor an it will eventually start then once it does you have to keep it floored to somewat idle a little smooth though but not gonna work out as you have to have it to the floor any one got any suggestions?

85general

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
still no luck on a carb called all the places around here an no one has a mustang or capri with a 2.8 or anything at all. im gettin a brand new holley 350 cfm off craigslist for 100 bucks though hope that works as is thats all i can get if it dont work im out a luck i guess, anyone running a holley 350?

small ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
171 c.i. of fury
Transmission
Manual
I was running a 350cfm holly and it worked great. $100 if a fairly good price. My truck is not a DD so I took the choke off and it took a few minutes to warm up but ran fine after that.

85general

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what kinda of tuning did you have to do to get it runnin with that carb? change jets or anything? mines a manual choke an my stock carb choke was stuck open so yea not concerned lol

small ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
171 c.i. of fury
Transmission
Manual
No tuning, I used stock jets. 15 deg btdc, make sure all ports are plugged and let her rip.

85general

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
got it runnin pretty decent today but one last problem, has really poor throttle response ? picks up fast but comes down pretty slow?

small ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
171 c.i. of fury
Transmission
Manual
you may need a throttle return spring. The throw on the stock carb was a little different then the Holly. I made my return spring from one I found at the hardware store and some zip ties.

85general

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no dont think its anything to do with the linkage you can do it with yur hand an bring it all the way back fast an its the same response coming back down, slow

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals