• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

head difference??? intake also

RebelRanger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 94 head and a 97 head ,both are from 2.3 rangers ...Are they the same? If not ,which one should I use on my turbo engine?

I don't suppose there's a lower intake that would bolt to my 4 plug head and let me bolt my 8 plug upper intake on .

D94R

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
They are both a dual plug, but the same head they are not. The later head (95+) flows a good bit more, which would be better for your turbo setup.

AFAIK, there is no way of interchanging the intakes short of custom work. Are you going to use a 4 plug head, or the 8 plug head though? Your second thought is contradictive of what you are asking for in your first thought.

RebelRanger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I would like to use the turbo head and it would be easier if I could keep my upper intake because of the electronics that was why I asked about the intake .

However if the 95+ head is just as good I'll use it .
I just want to cover as many things as possible , you never know what might work and what works better.

If I use my 97 head is there anything I need to have done to it?

Last edited:

ejholmgren

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I know that my '93 ranger upper/lower are drastically different than the 86 and 88 TC upper/lower pairs that I have ... ie. there's no way you could mix and match a ranger upper with a tc lower.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals