• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PlumCrazy's Build

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
6-1-13

10-7-14
Little more character was added over the last year and a half...

6-2016

Thanks for looking

-Plumcrazy
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just picked up my next victim. Its a 95 Super Cab, 4.0 5 speed 4x4.
No rust anywhere:yahoo: It also has tilt, cruise, pwr windows, mirrors, and locks.

I almost have my entire lift, All I need are some extended brakelines and rear shocks.

I am going to run a 4 inch skykacker TTB brackets and some 4 inch coils (for now), I am in the process of making my cross member and finishing up my ext rad arms. I have Chevy leaves and lowering shackles for the back. I am also planning on throwing a disc brake 31 spline under there. I already put on Warn lock outs. I am currently making a deal on 33" BFG AT's and some black steelies.

I can't wait to start, I am still fixing all the little things the guy before me left. I already put new wheel bearings, rotors, pads, brake lines, and calipers in the front. I need to put new cab mounts on and replace the spring hangers (perfect time to move them foward 6 inches:D)

I am also planning on swapping my bumpers, light bar and brand new black 130w KC's off my old rig.

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Nice truck...I would like a 5 speed 4x4 too...and it's the right color for me...

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Finding a 95-97 5 speed 4x4 Super cab Ranger was a lot harder than expected. I had to drive two hours to get it.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I decided to do a little interior work before I tore into the suspension and bumpers.

Heres what I got done so far, I swapped out the nasty, musty, stained carpet for a full rubber floor (found at the JY in like new condition for 5.99). I also cut down the 60/40 seat to buckets and put in a full length center console (I was lucky enough to find an Exploder with a blue interior.). I don't have any good pics of the OHC or lighted visors yet though.

I paid 99 cents for a scrap of black nylon material at Wal mart and played around with my mom's sewing machine,(Its kind of scary how nice it turned out)

Goodbye carpet

My amp fits just right under the center console

I made a filler plate for the back of the console since I don't need A/C controls and the back.lol

I had to notch out the back panel and remove the cargo cover and net to make room for my subs

I also decided to make my light installation a little bit cleaner on this truck than my last one. I removed the cover where a pass side air bag would be located in the newer Rangers and installed a fuse box from a 94 that I rewired to fit my needs. I wired it so the first six blade fuses in the box fuse the six 30 amp relays, the six relays will power my fog lights, driving lights, roof lights, reverse/cargo lights, and my air horn. I also ran a power wire to my switch panel that off of one of the mini fuse slots. I ran 4 gauge wire from the battery to my new fuse box. I bought a battery with the dual termals (top post and side post) so that my 2 gauge stereo power and my 4 gauge fuse box power wire had a nice clean place to bolt on to.

I will snap a few pics of the fuse box and OHC tomorrow. I am still looking for blue vinyl/leather seats and a radio that will light up the same color as my OHC and cluster. I

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
man nice find and you wasted no time on makin it yours

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I had all ready planned on doing it before I bought the truck. I would have bought all the stuff before hand, but I didn't know what color interior I would end up with. I was also planning on swapping out the whole interior for gray, but then I found an Exploder with a blue interior, so I figured what the hell might as well keep the blue. I also picked up a gauge pillar pod and sprayed it with some Duplicolor vinyl & plastic paint. I just the blue color that Advance Auto stocks, and it matched perfect:yahoo:.

-plumcrazy

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
i must say plum i hate you :thefinger:

that truck is almost identical to my 96 , the only difference is mine was a year newer and green and was all manual options , i would kill to have mine back

oh , and mine had a moonvisor

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I have crappy pic of my OHC and Visors.

I got my gauge pod painted and mocked up, I am still waitng on my gauges. I ordered an Autometer Z-series volt meter and oil pressure gauge ( I wanted something a little more accurate than the "dummy light" gauges that are on the cluster.) I am still trying to find bulb covers so the gauges will light up the same aqua color as my cluster.

The blue paint matches perfect

I decided to go with a dual terminal battery so it is easy to pull power for my extra fuse box and my amp.

Here is a pic of my fuse box that I rewired and installed it the pass side air bag compartment.

I used to two seperate relays that are controlled by one switch for the roof lights because I figured one 30 amp relay wouldn't hold up to four 130w KC's. I also ran a 12 gauge power wire to the rear of the truck in case I need 12 volt power for anything. (like my 40 gal desiel tank with a 12 volt pump). I soldered and heat shrinked all my connections.
I labeled the box so that you get a better idea of how it is wired up.

I pulled the bed off and dropped dropped the fuel tank. I plan to start cutting off the old hangers soon. I snapped a few pics of the new brackets.

Chevy 2 inch drop shackle on my new Ranger hanger. I am also replacing all the 14mm spring bolts with 9/16 grade 8 bolts.

I sat the new hanger about where it will be relocated to. I will have to modify the cab/bed mount bracket. and fab up a new parking brake cable holder.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
i spoke to soon , i just picked up a 97 Ex. Cab , 4.0 4x4 5 speed , all power options cruise , with FACTORY buckets and 130k on it for $1500 :thefinger: :thefinger:

but yours looks good man

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
i spoke to soon , i just picked up a 97 Ex. Cab , 4.0 4x4 5 speed , all power options cruise , with FACTORY buckets and 130k on it for $1500 :thefinger: :thefinger:

but yours looks good man
But does it have an awesome blue interior?lol:D

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones

4x4builder1

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.6L 400
Transmission
Automatic
nice looks good thats just like my beast except mine started as a 2wd

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I started on the 64" spring swap today.

Its floating

I didn't feel like fighting with all the rusty spring bolts, so I just took it all off together

Old spring and Chevy spring side by side.

New rear hanger and Chevy drop shackle

Before I started

I held the new bracket up where I wanted it and shot some blue paint over it to mark out where I will need cut the cab mount.

I tried to make my cut look clean so I took off a little more than I needed to.

I welded a peice of metal between the frame and the back side of the bed mount to make up for all the metal I removed from the side of the mount

the top front hole of the new hanger will be to high to bolt to the frame so I chopped it off and welded a 1/2 strip to the side and drilled a hole a little lower.

here is what it will look like when it gets bolted up.

holes are drilled and the hanger is done.

When I get the other side done I am going to clean up the whole frame and prime it, then shoot some satin black on it.

Last edited:

RDR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
whats ur amp pushin?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals