Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Events - Recreation - Survival > Events Forum (Cruises - Trail Rides - Shows - etc)

Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
Jim Oaks
Administrator

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute
Talking TRS Banner Across North America 2012 - Alaska to Key West Florida (OFFICIAL)

(The official TRS Banner Across North America 2012 Thread)

After seeing that there were Canadian members who didn't get to participate in the last TRS banner event, and getting feedback from members that they would be willing to tackle another challenge, the idea of going from the furthest northern U.S. point (Alaska), to the furthest southern U.S. point (Key West, Florida) was born.

As difficult as the last adventure was, this one is going to be much harder. Alaska doesn't have the greatest highway system. Barrow Alaska would be the furthest point north, but the road there isn't easy. Just getting the banner out of Alaska and through Canada will be a big task in itself.

On 04/16/2012, I mailed the banner out to forum member crbnunit in Achorage Alaska. the reason I chose Alaska first was because I knew they would get it in the spring, and it would have spring and early-mid summer to get through Alaska and Canada. As the year passes, it will be moving towards a warmer climate and hopefully keep moving. If it starts in Florida, it will likely get stuck/stranded in Canada trying to get to Alaska due to winter.

The path that the banner takes is up to the members. It has to move in a direction that won't allow it to get stuck due to a lack of member participation.

The banner was mailed out with a letter detailing the challenge and a permanent marker. Members are asked to sign the banner with their name, location and date. They are also encouraged to take photos of the banner and the exchange from member to member, and post it in this thread.

In a 14-month period, the first banner went from the Atlantic Ocean, to the Gulf of Mexico, and ended at the Pacific Ocean. Do you think we can complete a harder challenge in a shorter period of time? Time will tell.

Special thanks to crbnunit for offerng to get this challenge started!

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites

Last edited by Jim Oaks; 04-18-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Jim Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
CHKNFKR

Vehicle Year: 1993
I use this vehicle for: Spending my hard earned cash
CHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant future

Count me in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3507 View Post
This pick up makes my pecker perk up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaii View Post
all my layout,bend allowances,and cuts are figured out using a neural cognitive software system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super91(2.3) View Post
I can see myself goin to the gas station now and buying under a dollars worth of diesel and just dispensing it right onto my body...
CHKNFKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
NEVERDONE86

Vehicle Year: 1986
I use this vehicle for: Wheeling
NEVERDONE86 will become famous soon enoughNEVERDONE86 will become famous soon enough

cant wait til it get to illinois!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
robertc1024

Vehicle Year: nada
Vehicle Model: 2008 F150
I use this vehicle for: teach my boys to not get rid of a Ranger.
robertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond reputerobertc1024 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoot!!! get that baby to TX - we'll take care of it.
robertc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
doorgunner
Lab Rat for V.A. hospital

Vehicle Year: 1934/1989
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: FUN on a daily basis!
My credo: JESUS (no-not HeySoos) Lives!
doorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond repute

WHOAAAAAAA BABY........

(ooooooooooooops.........i got so excited.....i spilled my pills all over the floor...)

HEY.......YOU DOGS GET AWAY FROM THEM PILLS.........

i gotta go now

**All the people who's freedom of speech I fought to defend are now telling me to shut up**
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
doorgunner
Lab Rat for V.A. hospital

Vehicle Year: 1934/1989
I use this vehicle for: FUN on a daily basis!
My credo: JESUS (no-not HeySoos) Lives!
doorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond repute

Jim O. .........the Rep button is stuck again [/I]

**All the people who's freedom of speech I fought to defend are now telling me to shut up**

Last edited by doorgunner; 05-02-2012 at 07:51 AM.
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
97RangerXLT
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT Supercab 4 x 4
I use this vehicle for: Putting wear and tear on my tools
97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute97RangerXLT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to 97RangerXLT

I am in for the Indy area (willing to share with Hoosier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
After a 5 year review of the work of automotive engineers I have determined that every last one of them is an atheist. Looking carefully at their work it is quite apparent that not a single one believes in intelligent design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc1024 View Post
Hey - we all have to help each other. Otherwise, we'd become an S10 forum and we'd all kill ourselves.
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...ad.php?t=13474
97RangerXLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Redneckryder

Vehicle Year: 2005
I use this vehicle for: Gettin to work when it's too cold to ride
Redneckryder is a jewel in the roughRedneckryder is a jewel in the roughRedneckryder is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckryder Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckryder

It needs to come through Michigan....I am going to get my ranger legal just for this occasion!!!!

Gotta new Ranger!!!
Redneckryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #9
JFA_Spyderman

Vehicle Year: 1969, 1994
Vehicle Model: Mustang, Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver and Weekend Warrior
JFA_Spyderman will become famous soon enough

Yo,
We're gonna need another map.
JFA_Spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
alwaysFlOoReD
I want a belly rub...

Vehicle Year: '91, '94, '77
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger, ranger, f-250
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 race, 4x4, towing
alwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud of

In!
Red Deer, Alberta