Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Events - Recreation - Survival > Events Forum (Cruises - Trail Rides - Shows - etc)

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Jim Oaks
Administrator

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute
Talking TRS Banner Across North America!

Ok all, we're off!!

I have looked at the map (Click HERE) to try and find a good starting point. I wanted to start in the east since there are still some gaps in the west. I looked at Florida as a starting point due to the better spring weather, but there were a few concerns because one member was only a possibility and the other hasn't been online for a few weeks.

After looking over the map and member participation, I feel the best place to start is in Worcester, MA with kcm1582.

I have sent him a PM to get his address. I want to have it shipped out by the end of the week.

Mission:

Your mission, if you choose to participate, is to get this from coast to coast and in the hands of as many TRS members as possible. I would like kcm1582 to take a photo of it at the Atlantic ocean. Dip it in the water. Then, get it in the hands of the next member.

The banner will have a sharpie (permanent marker) with it. Each person participating should take a photo of them with their RBV and the banner. If they gather as a group, everyone should sign it. Leave room for others to sign later. Then post the photo in this thread and let us know who you have passed it on to.

The goal is to zig-zag across north America with this banner and eventually get it from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean with the banner being dipped in to both oceans.

This will be a fun way for members to meet, a reason to get together as groups, and an over all fun experience.

Thanks in advance to all those who have volunteered and a special thanks to hoosier1104 for coming up with the idea and MountainMike for maintaining the Google map for it!!

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Jim Oaks
Administrator

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

We need to find someone who can meet up with kcm1582 to get this banner moving.

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Old 05-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

Vehicle Year: 1989
I use this vehicle for: Wasting time
BlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant future

I'm in Provo, UT. Can I get on the Map to fill the gap?

1989 Ranger build - 4.0 swap, 7.5, TTB D35, 4.56s, Lockers, Electric power steering

1976 Fiat 131 build

1990 BII-R.I.P.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
MountainMike

Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
I use this vehicle for: Truckin'
My credo: The fun begins where the pavement ends
MountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud of

I've updated the map with all the latest posts in the other thread before the locks.

Clicking the link in Jim's post will provide you with the latest update at any point.

My New Sport Trac <-Click
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
WWTRSD?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #5
hoosier1104
I'm Awesome!

Vehicle Year: 1999
I use this vehicle for: Doing exactly what I need it to do
My credo: Work hard and play harder
hoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant future

Jim it was my pleasure and like you said it would be good reason for members to out of the norm with a little adventure. My question is are the members arranging the meetings where ever they want or are we shooting for Ford dealerships since there was no confirmation on this? Either way, LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopman View Post
Once you own a Ranger, everything else doesn't quite fit you.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
WNY964x4
ASE Master Certified

Vehicle Year: 72-03
Vehicle Make: Chevy,Ford,BMW
Vehicle Model: Lots
I use this vehicle for: Everything
WNY964x4 will become famous soon enough

i could possibly meet with him on one of my days off next week , keep it for a week , then hand it off to adsm08 , but kcm would have to meet me part way

Non Ford:
1972 C-10 350 3-speed - Fun toy
1987 BMW 325I 2.5 5-speed - Fun and Economy
1971 BMW 2002 2.0 4-speed - long term restoration
Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
daniel3507

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: truckin around
daniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant futuredaniel3507 has a brilliant future

Im glad this thing is getting started. Should be a lot of fun.
Show Off Thread
Build Thread (click)
1993 Ranger XLT 4.0, 20% tint, 2'' spacers, RS9000XL adjustable front shocks, Bilstein rear shocks, 4.10 gears, 31'' tires, 15'' Alcoa's, custom front shackles, Lvl II rear tow hook, 2.25'' exhaust w/ Super 44, Screamin' Demon coil pack, slotted rotors w/ EBC Greenstuff, Delta Cam rockers and pushrods
Old 05-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
kcm1582

Vehicle Year: 2005
I use this vehicle for: fun
kcm1582 has much to be proud ofkcm1582 has much to be proud ofkcm1582 has much to be proud ofkcm1582 has much to be proud ofkcm1582 has much to be proud ofkcm1582 has much to be proud ofkcm1582 has much to be proud ofkcm1582 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to kcm1582

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY964x4 View Post
i could possibly meet with him on one of my days off next week , keep it for a week , then hand it off to adsm08 , but kcm would have to meet me part way
How far can you go? I can probably get to the Albany/Schenectady area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Pony View Post
Some times it is fun to be surrounded by idiots, It makes you seem smarter than you are, Other times it is just plain annoying!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
dhinch279

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: Explorer XLT
I use this vehicle for: Point A to Point B
dhinch279 has much to be proud ofdhinch279 has much to be proud ofdhinch279 has much to be proud ofdhinch279 has much to be proud ofdhinch279 has much to be proud ofdhinch279 has much to be proud ofdhinch279 has much to be proud ofdhinch279 has much to be proud of

WHO CAN MEET kcm1582?!?!?!? Let's get this thing going!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
Seatbelts save lives, airbags break your face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaii View Post
ah,the internet...where the antisocial socialize
Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
gribly

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Make: Honda
Vehicle Model: EP3 Civic Si
gribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of light

No love for Maine?
Closed Thread