• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DeanMLFlame

V8 Driveshaft help

We've got and 84 Std Ranger with a 302, C-4, and a 7.5" rear end..the driveshaft has to be shortened we know that...We need to know what model, make and year slip yoke will fit our factory Ranger driveshaft (original trans was a C-3 if that helps) what driveshaft have you guys used that will...
  2. DeanMLFlame

Help Please

Does anyone know what these wheels came on...my dad had 2 in storage and i thought i would try this forum first. They're are 15" x 8/12" aluminum 6 lug inside they say "SHELBY CAL 500"
  3. DeanMLFlame

C-4 Transmission Problems

We have recently just bought a TCI Sizzler torque converter and we have a bit of a problem. When the trans is not hooked up to the motor the motor turns over by hand easily, but when it's hooked up to the engine it won't turn over, even with a breaker bar. We took the trans off to try a...
  4. DeanMLFlame

Rotating Assembly Problem

i'm building a 302 and so far it's in the short block form...but i can't turn it over by hand even with the balancer as leverage...my main bearing clearence was a little under 0.002"...is the to tight and the source of the problem
  5. DeanMLFlame

Balancing 302 help

Why did ford use a 28oz imbalance on the flywheel, balancer, etc...It is cuz of the firing order causing stress on the front main cap
  6. DeanMLFlame

Project Street 1.0 (revisited)

Sorry about not continuing on with the last post, i had a change of plans, but here are the new ones. Project should take 1 1/2 years at the most! 0.030" over, hyper pistons, ported heads and gasket matched intake, balanced, XE256H Comp Cam or Lunati Street Avenger (to be decided) 600cfm carb...
  7. DeanMLFlame

Possible Big Problem

when disassembling my 302 for maching, i noticed something very intersting about the oil supply holes for the main bearings. I talking about the one drilled into the block....ummm. There 2 of them per journal and it does NOT look factory. The bearing themeselves had one hole. Is something wrong...
  8. DeanMLFlame

In/Ex Valves

i doing a performance rebuild on my 302 and i was thinking of getting Manley Stainless valves...now in a book i've got that all about Domestic engines it says my valves measure 1.773-1.783 on the intake. Can i use a valve that measures 1.785? it's the smallest Manley offers. The exhaust is...
  9. DeanMLFlame

Camshaft Help?!?!

I know this is gonna be a stupid question for most people to answer...but i can't figure out how to remove the camshaft for a '72 302. Nothing online is giving me answers...anyone help...FYI This is my first time removing a camshaft.
  10. DeanMLFlame

It killed the Tone!?!

Ok, so I just got a flowmaster Super 44 on my 91 4.0L. It was connected back to the pipe after the cat. The pipe is 2 1/4" mandrel bent. Without a turndown after the muffler, the truck SOUNDS AMAZING both inside and out, but when i put the turndown on, it completely kills the sound! What's going...
  11. DeanMLFlame

Lowering a 4wd?

Now don't get all anal or whatever saying it's a stupid idea and i should lift it...just shut up...But well the belltech 2 in coils fit a 4wd...If so can i get the truck to realign camber wise. I had an idea of a Rally truck for like dirt roads and such...something different. and no i won't just...
  12. DeanMLFlame

Mustang Coil Springs

I know this is a little off as far as questions but...Can someone tell me the dimensions of either the front or rear coils. From the pictures i've seen (of the rear coils...i think) they look like the would fit on the front of my ranger...They have a wide top and narrow bottom. My ranger is '91...
  13. DeanMLFlame

Low Range Light

I do know i get 4wd but when i try the low range button the light doesn't come...Does this mean low range isn't working and how do i fix this problem:icon_confused:
  14. DeanMLFlame

Paint Code

can anyone tell me how to find out what the factory paint is. I've "decoded" the "VIN" but that didn't tell me!
  15. DeanMLFlame

Project Street 1.0

So this summer i'm beginning on turning my '91 Ranger XLT into a moderately fast street truck but also have show quality. I've already Herculined the bed. Added in-cab LED's, Extra runnings light on rear tailgate and front air dam. Also on the interior I plan to smooth the dash and panels and...
  16. DeanMLFlame

Roller Rockers

I was looking at these and a few questions popped into my head http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=1040-12&Category_Code=FORD466Rocker Will they work with stock internals on my 91 Ranger. If so can i get a benefit from them
  17. DeanMLFlame

LED Under Dash How-To

This is a how-to thread on putting LED lights under your dash for 89-92 Rangers. I couldn't find anyother place to post this so i'll do it here. These are the 2 LED pods i got from autozone. They are made by Pilot Automotive. When i got these they had the "Try Me" button which was kinda...
  18. DeanMLFlame

Coilover Conversion

I'm wanting to get rid of the leaf springs on my '91 Ranger XLT and replace them with a triangulated 4 link and coilovers. I want to make a streetable drag truck for weekend fun. My question is what spring rate or load rate would be appropriate for this. I would like a fair amount of squat on...
  19. DeanMLFlame

422 Cam Questions

Ok i've looked everywhere on this site for threads of people putting a 422 cam in there 4.0 and can't find any so i'll start one...First Q's. Can i keep the motor in the truck to do this swap...2nd Q's. Will i have to change my valve springs and/or rockers...3rd Q's, when tuning, what steps...
  20. DeanMLFlame

Building 4.0 power

i'm somewhat new in the power building arean but i have some good knowledge. And i like speed and power! So far i've got an american thunder cat-back. Motorvation TBS (Only for throttle response) and a custom cold air intake (Filter element is between frame and inner fender well...true cold...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad