• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JackLikesTrucks

What OBDII wont show?

What kinds of things can cause an engine to stall while driving that won't show on an OBDII? My truck is a 2002 2.3L and stalls while trucking on down the road. New fuel everything. No CEL (yes the bulb's good). No codes. What would shut down an engine yet NOT throw a code?
  2. JackLikesTrucks

2002 2.3 Duratec Dies & Starts dies & Starts HELP!

Thanks for ideas. 2002 2.3L Ranger 5 speed. Drives great but out of nowhere, sputters quietly for 5 seconds and dies. Got electricity whole time. Pull over and cranks immediately, may take a few seconds to ignite, but she does fire right up. Go a few miles and she'll do it again. May do this...
  3. JackLikesTrucks

Just include the springs when squatting?

Got me a '02 2.3L 5 speed std cab ranger. Love it. I drive an hour at 70mph each way to work. With 100k miles, I'm getting alot of wander and the wheels are starting to squat out laterally on both sides. As I'm doing all new bushings and front end hardware fro the next 100k miles, is it...
  4. JackLikesTrucks

How to tighten parking brake?

Seriously. In another thread I replaced all the parking brake cable and have new shoes, drums, hardware, etc. And all is exactly is it should be installed and star adjusters adjusted. But the p brake goes to the floor just to hold the truck on a grade. Is that normal? Cause if there's a bed...
  5. JackLikesTrucks

Remove cable from parking brake control???

ok I've had it. I decided to replace the front parking brake cable. Alldata says it about an hour job. BS How the heck do you remove the first cable lug from the darn foot pedal control??? It winds up and over the cam, and the barrel lug is in there with no way to get it out. I have the...
  6. JackLikesTrucks

What makes the brakes auto-adjust?

I know there are star adjusters in the rears, but what truck motion makes them activate? We used to, on other cars, make a series of quick heavy footed stops in reverse to get them to adjust. What to the Rangers need? And do we brake with the foot brake or the parking brake to get the...
  7. JackLikesTrucks

Parking Brake problem.

Hello. My 02 Ranger had a rear parking brake cable seize up, so I replaced both rears with Ford OEM. After adjusting the star adjusters, brake pedal was good and firm. But the parking brake arm easily goes to the floor with mild effect on the rears. Could the front and intermediate be...
  8. JackLikesTrucks

Front wheels toe out.

New tires, shocks, and alignment 8 months ago everythings fine. Today I see left side tire has upper tire in and lower tire is out. Like a squat. Rubber bushings are all good. She looks level from the front. 2002 XLT 2WD with 100K. Should I start looking for springs?
  9. JackLikesTrucks

08/09 grille diagram anyone?

Hi. Happy Memorial Day. I'm replacing my '02 hood/grille/headlight for the '08/'09 power hood and grille. Does anyone have an exploded diagram of the most recent ranger front grill area? I'm paticularly interested in the "undereye" area under the headlight, Thos wings were a single integral...
  10. JackLikesTrucks

Fan bearings?

Am getting a nasty squeeeeeel from the fan belt area now that I've put the fan and its clutch back on. Its just a plain OEM fan clutch, no PCM to it. Squeels mostly during accelleration. Its a mild squeel like a wet belt. Replaced the 100k mile OEM serpentine with a Gatorback with no change...
  11. JackLikesTrucks

New rivets for door glass?

Am replacing the glass on a 2002 driver door. What are we using nowadays to replace the Heavy Duty rivets the factory uses to clamp the glass and plastic bushings to the bottom holder? Bolts? Rivets? Is there a kit to get?
  12. JackLikesTrucks

Whats coating the frame?

Hey guys, I'm going to have the bed off and be under the cab a bit this summer with repairs as I'll have this truck for some years to come now. I have in mind a rustproofing compund for the frame, but am seeing some flaking of a coating on the frame already, espec around the front half. Looks...
  13. JackLikesTrucks

Ranger takes a dump while at Recycling Center. I'm Tempted.

While idling in line for 20 minutes at the recycling center, wife calls, she's going to the doctor immediately, heart's jumping and BP thru the roof. You're not allowed to get out of the car at the recycling center. So of course, the old guy in the Crown Vic in front of me has to get out and...
  14. JackLikesTrucks

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP !.......and then cursing.

Evertime I get out of the car, an electric blue arc jumps from the door I'm closing to my fingers and makes me happy for several seconds. Oh Joy. What is causing this and what can be done? I have cloth interior and am running BFG Traction TAs and I've foud nothing about rolling resistance...
  15. JackLikesTrucks

Buying new front tomorrow. Which year to buy?

OK. Here's the deal. I have to replace the: -front valance with an '02 same style. -front bumper with an '02 same style. I have to replace but can change the year of the: -headlights -grille and surround -hood Q: Can I leave the corner markers if I upgrade from 02 u\to say 04-08??? Q: Is the...
  16. JackLikesTrucks

Oil spraying inside rear of the cab.

Guys, I'm getting my 02 Ranger regular cab oil sprayed. They'll drill the holes in the sill, doors, jamb, etc. I'm wondering about drilling the hole in the jamb toweard the rear of the cab and spraying oil back in there. Would the oil get in the cracks? Is there sound deadening bags in...
  17. JackLikesTrucks

Anyone hear of a Thunder option?

I don't mean the UK Ford Ranger Thunder. I got this 1994 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab and found an OPTIMUS amp in the D/S jump seat cubby-hole. I've never benn able to figure out what the THUNDER decal on the tailgate meant. Combined with a possible radio upgrade? I thought maybe this was a...
  18. JackLikesTrucks

1994 clutch works at the top?

I have an stick '02 but don't know how a stick '94 is supposed to feel. The clutch seems to disengage within the first 2-3" on clutch pedal travel (or at the top) and then only reengages near the top again. While the engine checks out, she's really a wet-dog in first gear and make me wonder if...
  19. JackLikesTrucks

Alternator 18V output.

Help. The alternator is putting out 18V. I replaced the voltage regulator but no change. And I can't drive it to AutBone. Sorry. Idaes?
  20. JackLikesTrucks

Scary Creaking Squeeking.

Well, now that the underside has finally dried out from the winter salt, the front end is groaning really LOUD on turns in/out of parking spaces, etc.. Before I oil spray the truck for the summer, is there a way to tap grease fittings into the front sway bar brackets and get the grease into...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad