• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. air temp sensor help?

My truck runs like crap in the morning when its cold outside (50 degrees or so).... but when I drive it when its warm outside (around 70 degrees or more) the truck runs absolutly perfect. it has a brand new napa air temp sensor in it but I cant think of anything else that would make it do...
  2. throttle position sensor

I adjusted the TPS to .998 volts today and just to check if everything is okay i then checked it at WOT its only at 3 volts......its sweeps to 3 volts smoothly but shouldnt it go to 5 volts? is this a sign of a bad TPS? Thanks for any help, derek.
  3. Extra Harmonic balancer?

I still couldnt get my truck running right and i gave up and took it to the local shop. turns out the harmonic balancer crank pulley is so worn out that it "Slipped" so the TDC mark is actually about 30 degrees off. in order to get it smogged i have to replace it but my local junk yards dont...
  4. what controls the spark advance?

I timed mine yesterday and i pulled the little plug disconnecting the spark advance while i timed it. well when i pluged it back in, and let it get to operating temp. the advance wont bring the timing back down to what i timed it at. and when i rev up the motor it only makes the timing worse...
  5. Fuel Delivery Module?

is there supposed to be a filter in there?
  6. Help!

what could be causeing a fuel pump to NOT turn off like its supposed to. when i turn on the key (engine off) the fuel pump keeps going and the tank makes a gurgling sound. i just replaced the fuel filter and the pressure regulator (junk yard).
  7. fuel pump question

with the motor off and the key on should the fuel pump keep pumping? mine does. on my 99 f-250 v-10 the fuel pump turns off as soon as it builds pressure....
  8. New User and problem with new ranger

Hello everyone, i just bought an 89 ranger with a FI V6 im having some problems with it and hopefully you guys can help. when i bought it i did a full tune up (cap rotor wires and plugs...fuel filter air filter) and it was running great for about a week. now while im driving down the road it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad