• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Electrict problem

HI All. Been running fine for a year or so.. then today it just quit, It turns over fine just won't start .. Pleanty of gas and now the brake is making the turn signal lights on the dash come on (both sides). I'm thinking the turn switch or Ign switch..Tho it has been replaced with in the...
  2. timing question's .. 84 2.3 carbed.

HI I have an 84 Ranger with a 2.3 with a carburetor. When cold It knocks bad, but when warmed up it runs purity good. It well start right up . Could the timing be to much set at 10*?? Real finicky on gas when starting up. Only when cold can you just barely give it a squirt and you don't want...
  3. How do you clean out cowl area

Hi the cowl area is almost totally plugged (I'm supprised I'm getting any heater flow) how do you get in there to clean it out?? Remove blower? wiper motor? help thanks tim
  4. still knocks when cold

HI. After fixing the cam timming problem I still have a real bad knock when the motor is cold.. Could I have fractured the porclin on the spark plugs causing this to knock {the knock is up top}. 2.3 ford new rebuild. I drove it for about 100 miles with the cam timming off by close to 10* it is...
  5. Electric emission pump question

HI, I got Cavlear for my Ranger. I bleieve the pump was for like a 2000 something. Anyway it keeps cycling on and off? is that programed into it?? I ask pecause we have it wired direct thru a switch, so it should have constant power?? Is that the way it works?? It runs good when the pump is...
  6. New motor BAD knock when cold???

Hi, My son and I just rebuilt an 84 2.3.. It does not quite feel right when at operating tempature, timing in right on by book. Cam timing is on. But there is a real bad knock and does not run good when cold.. sounds like an Octain knock but bad.. and goes away when at running tempature...
  7. 84 ranger dash brake light on

Hi all, just did the brakes on my 84 yesterday, didnt drive it, today the light came on shortly after starting it.. do they just need re-bleed? I did replace rear cylinders, garvity and prushered bleed them very little to no air came out.. just used a C clamp on Disc. one side I did not open...
  8. Help with 84 2.3 vacuum lines

Hi all, My son and I have rebuilt an 1984 ranger w/2.3 carburetor motor and we need some pictures of how all the vacuum lines hook up and where. We are missing the Tag that is on the core support. Dealer can't help and all the books at the Library don't show actual picture's, just diagram's with...
  9. 1984 EGR help

HI My son and I are rebuilding a 84 Ranger. I am having a heck of a time locating a EGR valve. Ford .. Discontenued... NAPA no luck and we checked a lot of out lets and numbers. Its the valve that mounts on an adapter under the carb. It has two vacuum lines on it and a big Female port. Does...
  10. What Nut size?? 2.3

what is the size of nut that goes on the mount the motor mount hooks to (one stud and a pin on it)? 84 Ranger 2.3 thanks tim
  11. 84 smog pump set up

My son and I are rebuilding an 84 ranger 2.3. We are in a state that needs emission testing. The truck is minus this . (the smog pump).. does any have some pictures of how this is set up.. so we can get parts on right.. We do have the bracket but no pump. thanks Tim
  12. timing marks??

Hi all Its a 84 2.3 The only marks I can see that the cam can line up with is two little dots stamped in the head. The crank mark but I could not find anything for the oil pump/dizzy drive shaft gear from what is said.. but I think it does not matter as it is carbed and the dizzy is...
  13. differents in blocks question 84 & 88

HI I have a 84 ranger with the 2.3 Now I have an 88 2.3 short block outside of it not having a fuel pump knock out (set up for elect) is there any other differanc's that make it so this block well not work for the 84, I can always add an elect pump. Thanks Tim
  14. video of my (Ford Power) international drag racing

Hi All Sorry its not my Ranger.. just excited ... and wanted to shair. it was a test and tune day at Firebird here , so all races were heads up.. the other car is a Cobolt with a super charger I spanked him :headbang: .. My RT sucked you can see at the end of the video as it ran out just at...
  15. oil Pan ??

HI all I have the duel sump pan for the 302 swap but would like to know which side goes where?? does the deep part of the pan go to the front of the motor or the back?? the motor does have the front dip stick. and does anyone have a pic of the heater box fabracation? :icon_bounceblue: OH 2 wheel...
  16. got me a free 302

HI all I scored 74 F-100 heavy duty with front disc brakes (I going to be putting them on my international I've already swaped in the twin I beams when I built the truck) and it also has a nice running 302 from a friend for FREE ... Has 109,000 miles on it.. with in the last year or two we...
  17. whats needed to change a EFI to carb.

Hi Theres a 89 mustang 2.3 EFI for sale for cheap.. can they be changed to carburated and what is needed to change it.. Thanks tim
  18. 1969 2.3 ??

Hi all I'm looking at a 69 2.3 to put in my ranger. only has 80,000 on the clock and I can hear it run still in the car... I just want to know if any one knows how much Hp and TQ the 69's had. Thanks tim
  19. Distributor wireing question? 2.3

Hi All I have a 89 carbed 2.3 ... By what I've look at they didn't carb any in 89?? anyway.. With the dampner at TDC. the Cam timming is right on or maybe just a 1/2 a tooth off. anyway its just past the center pointer. When I pull the dizzy cap the rotor is pointing at like 6 o'clock...
  20. turbo'ed 2.3

are there any 2.3 turbo motors out there that are not EFI ... Looking for one for a carb set up. tim

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad