• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BII with engine running rough question

89 BII 2.9 rebuilt with 5 speed. The engine sounds normal but when at low speed especially in 3rd and 4th the engine shudders. You can tell it shudders a little as well when idling and runs rough like it's missing, but all plugs look normal. No wet plugs or misfires or codes of any kind. No...
  2. BII EEC IV code 15 question HELP

I have 89 BII with rebuilt 2.9 engine, 5 spd manual. Got it back from shop and check engine light was on. They said they couldn't get the codes on their tester to come up. So I warmed it up and hooked up my code scanner, and got code 15. Vehicle runs like it's missing, or rough. Check...
  3. Crank shaft pulley center bolt

Ok, '89 B2 2.9L Manual. I was trying to take the center bolt out of the Crank Pulley, and sheared off the head. I currently have the pulleys off so now there is a 3 inch length of bolt sticking out and I cannot for the life of me turn this thing. I have put a pipe wrench on it and it will...
  4. sitting on the highway...

While I'm sitting on the highway I figureed I'd see what y'all thought about why my 89 b2 shut off while driving. I was just driving down the highway and it just quit. Check engine lights come on, I have my scan tool and it came back with everything working and saved code 15. Its hard to hear...
  5. Camber bushing question

I wanted to install an adjustable camber/caster bushing in my 89 B2... MOOG part K80153, but they don't fit, they are too big. The old ones just slide in with no problem, and these don't even look like I could pound them in. Am I doing something wrong, or is there another part number I need...
  6. Bronco II won't start!

2.9L B2 won't start. It runs fine, but sometimes the amp gauge shows low. Today it turns over but too slow to start, but the battery just keeps turning it over so I know that's not totally dead, however, when this happened before, I jump-started it and it spun over much faster than normal and...
  7. '89 BII Engine RPM miscalculation

I'm trying to find my actual engine rpm and have looked at the calculators that should figure this out for me and have done the calc myself, but something is wrong since I'm not actually getting what they say I should. I have the 2.9L engine, I'm running 33 inch goodyear wrangler mt/r, I have...
  8. 2.9 slow starting issue

Have a BII with 2.9L and the 4.0L flywheel, clutch, and starter. It has to crank a couple times and it starts up, but when it's warm it doesn't start. I can crank and crank and crank and nothing. The battery is new, the starter is new. I had it at auto zone and they said the alt, batt and...
  9. Bullet Proof Rod ends

Does anyone have first hand use with Bullet Proof Rod ends or the other parts they make? Just wondering if they last any longer than a normal rod end or if what they're claiming is good. Thanks
  10. 2 v-belts on 2.9L alternator

I'm upgrading to a higher amp alternator, and searching for any information on upgrading from one v belt to a 2 v belt set up on an '89 2.9L B2. RJM Tech sells the 2 v belt pulley and their information says one belt will only work up to 95 amps, then it'll slip, so more than that needs two...
  11. EEC-IV Code 15 help?

I'm working with '89 BII, rebuilt 2.9, rebuilt M5OD-R1, complete new exhaust, all new sensors, relays, 80 amp alt, and the Mark VIII cooling fan isolated through two seperate Golf Cart solenoids on manual switch for high and low. Check engine light starting coming on for a few seconds and...
  12. M5OD-R1 from 2.3 to 2.9

Before everyone gets wigged out, yes I know there is plenty of info on swapping an M5OD-R1 transmission to a 2.9/4.0. The issue is the AND there is plenty of information stating you CAN swap an M5OD from a 2.3 engine to a 2.9/4.0 engine, and also info stating you CANNOT swap a 2.3 to a 2.9. Is...
  13. no computer codes

'89 BII 2.9 5-spd. The check engine light is on, but when we try to pull the codes, none come out. Fuel pump runs continuously, when warm, about 80 percent of the time, making it run horribly. Idles around 1500 rpm. fuel regulator is good. New injectors. Any suggestions?
  14. Sputtering and no power like it's missing

'89 Bronco II with 2.9. Starts after a few cranks, rpms run about 1500 for a few seconds and then down to about 1100. Sounds like it's missing and rough. Certainly not much power when driving, and if I let it idle while moving in 1st or 2nd it surges up and down. After it's warm and been...
  15. tk5 trans shifter issue

Just purchased an 89 Bronco II, that's had the TK5 transmission supposedly rebuilt. The shifter is extremely loose, yet when I take it off, the ball and shifter appear to be all there. The issue is I cannot get it to go into gear, most of the time, like it's not lined up, and sometimes it will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad