• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Compressor Info Needed

I need to get a bigger compressor (I think). I realize that what makers advertise as "working pressure" isn't really accurate. In other words, 115 PSI at the tank doesn't give you 115 PSI at the tool or hose end. I need to have a minimum of 115 PSI at the hose end. What "working pressure"...
  2. Brake/bearing replacement...now trips Abs, rough

I (and a co-worker) just replaced the front rotors, pads and wheel bearings in the front and the brake drums only in the rear of my '02 3.0 V6 Ranger Super Cab. When we first did it I felt a horrible roughness up front when stopping. We brought it back in and loosened up the bearings a little...
  3. Low speed fan relay/fuse???

The low speed fan (the one that runs all the time) went out on my '02 Ranger, the higher speeds work. My buddy told me there are 2 different relays/fuses, one low speed and one high, and the low speed one may be out. Any idea what he's talking about and where I would find and fix this problem...
  4. High Performance Ranger???

Are there any outfits that take new Rangers and deck them out for street use? Preferably factory backed? For example, with Mustangs there is Saleen and Foose and a number of others. Is there such a thing for the Ranger/Explorer frame? :icon_thumby:
  5. Brake fluid change/flush

How often should I change/flush the brake fluid in my '02 Ranger? :dunno:
  6. Spark Plug Question

All the newer rides of the last 10 yrs or better say that you can go 100K between tune ups (ie spark plugs). I'm having a hard time buying that. It seems in the "old days" we used to change plugs every 30K or so. Can you really go that long without performance/mileage suffering? How often do you...
  7. Cam Shaft Synchronizer "position"

Not to long ago I replaced the cam shaft synchronizer because mine was squeeling. I got the part at NAPA for about $70. A buddy of mine who is a mechanic put it in. He told me there were basically only two ways it could go in, correct or 180 off. Is that true? He also said that if it was 180 off...
  8. squeaking noise

I have a '02 Ranger with a V-6. About a week ago it started making a squeeling sound at idle and when driving, it sounds like a belt squeaking. I took it to the shop today and they found nothing. We changed the belt and tried a new alternator. No cure, still squeaks. They said it sounded...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad