• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Home made built-ins for weight over axle

I am looking for ideas on some home made boxes for a 2002 ranger bed to keep items used for winter traction weight over the rear axles in place. I want something that I can put weights, sand bags etc and keep them in place so they wont fly around in the bed. Any designs that work for you guys...
  2. Rear Tailgate Latch 2002 Ranger

I have a 2002 Ranger and the rear tailgate latch handle stays in the open position and has to be manually closed to latch. It works perfectly, and stays latched. I was wondering if there is spring involve or is it just a lubrication issue? It has the bedliner on the tailgate as well.
  3. Loud clunk in left front steering area

My 2002 Ranger just started to make a noise when I turn the wheel, and when going in an out of the driveway. It is a clunk. The steering seems to be working fine. It is a 2 wheel edge with the torsion bars. I have no experience with this type of front end and I would like to hear from anyone...
  4. Ford Ranger Winters tires: Do I need 4?

I know it is early but I am looking for a set of rims for winter tires. I am not sure if I shoudl get 2 or 4. This will be my second winter with the Ranger and I did have one day last year where my all season radials didn't do the trick. I have a 2 wheel drive and only pavement driving. I am...
  5. Ford Ranger Gas Cap 2002

I am new to Rangers and I was wondering about my Gas Cap. In the past most of my caps would go in and then tighten and make a ratchet sound to show that it was tight. The one on my 2002 Ranger goes in and will only turn one Click. Is that the way they are supposed to operate. If the cap was...
  6. AC pulley howling

I went away for a 13 day vacation and when I fired the Ranger up it was making a squealing noise from the ac pump area. I am not sure what would have caused this but it is pretty loud. Is there anything I can do to fix this without replacing it. The A/C is blowing cold. I have looked at all...
  7. 2002 Ranger 60/40 Console top

I was wondering if anyone has fixed the cracked plastic on the inside of their console top. It looks as if someone has leaned rather heavily on the console when they get into the truck to reposition themselves, and cracked the top. Other than the top being broken on the inside it is perfect in...
  8. Torsion Bars

I recently purchased a Ranger Edge with the Torsion bar suspension It is a 2002 and it feels a little bouncy in the back end. I am going to change the rear shocks. The front of the truck seems pretty solid and not as bouncy as the rear. I was wondering if the torsion bars take a lot of the...
  9. Beating a Dead Horse

I recently aquired a 2002 Ranger Edge pickup. Let me say that is was against my better judgement. I haven't owned a Ford product in 35 years. I have not had good luck with them in the two that I owned. I picked it up as a second vehicle from my nephew. I paid him what it was going for in...
  10. 2002 Ranger Edge Shock recommendations

I have a 2 wd 2002 Ford Ranger edge. I would like to replace the shocks. I do not do any off road and I want a fairly smooth ride. I won't be doing much heavy loading, and I was wondering if I should just go with the Motorcraft, or a decent aftermarket. What would you owners out there recommend?
  11. Installing headlight aimer on 2002 Ranger

I noticed when I bought my 2002 Ranger that the passenger headlight was loose. I took a look and it looks like the attaching screw/headlight aiming adjustment has broken. I guess the previous owner just slipped a bolt on and had it wedged in. I can't move the bolt and I will have to cut it...
  12. What battery for Ranger Edge

I was told by the lube shop that my battery was only at about 450. They recommended I replace it before winter. It is the stock motorcraft battery for my truck. 2002 Ranger Edge 3.0. The battery is rated for 540 Cold Cranking amps. I am not sure if I want to replace it with another...
  13. 2002 Ford Ranger assembly manual

I am looking for a good Facotry Assembly manual, with blowups of the parts and part numbers if possible. I have them for my 68 and 69 Camaros and I was wondering if anyone makes a good Factory type manual. I bought the haynes one and it is next to useless when it comes to major body parts and...
  14. Billet grille and chrome bumper

I have a 2002 Ranger Edge and other than a couple of spots on the roof that have bubbled, the body is excellent. I will have those areas done at the body shop, but I also need the front bumper and lower front valance painted. I saw Caspers98 picture and I was wondering what grille and bumper he...
  15. Ranger 3.0 Spark plug change any tips?

I am not sure where I would ask this question so I though the general area would be fine. I am about to tackle a Spark plug wire and Plug change on my 2002 Ranger Edge 3.0. I was wondering if there were any tips before I start. the back plug on the passenger side looks a little tight. Also...
  16. Need a flip down console lid 60/40 seat

I need to replace the console lid on my 2002 Ranger, with beige 60/40 seats. My mechanic must have cracked the lid when he was serviceing the truck. They are on vacation for a week and I will make him replace it. I was wondering if they are available from Ford or the aftermarket, or will this...
  17. Cruise control mechanism loose Wheel

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger and my cruise control unit is loose on the steering wheel. I recently purchased it and when I went to push the cruise it moved. I had to hold the back and press with my thumb. It did engage. I looks as if the plastic has either broken or is loose. I there anything...
  18. Headlight loose.

I recently purchased a 2002 Ranger pickup from my nephew. When I was washing it I noticed the front passenger side headlight was loose on the Grill side. I looked under the hood and there seems to be a nut missing on the stud that holds the grille side of the headlight assembly in place. The...
  19. Upgraded bumpers on 2002 Ranger

Anyone point me to a supplier of upraded bumpers for the Ranger. It has painted bumpers and needs refinishing of light rust and chips. Is there any chrome,plastic, upgrades for them?
  20. Side rail hardware

At the end of the week I will be buying a 2002 Ranger pickup. It comes with a cap, bedliner and a set of side rails. The rails are OEM. The problem is that there is no hardware with the cap or rails. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I will need to attach the rails and cap. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad