• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. runningslow

Not running smoothly

My '97 2.3L has been developing this issue where it doesn't like to hold a steady speed. The truck will feels like its surging, perhaps more like someone is feathering the throttle, tapping their toe on the gas pedal, rolling like the ocean. ... whatever metaphor or simile you prefer. Its...
  2. runningslow

97 2.3L Hestitates/Stalls

I've got a '97 2.3L manual with about ~250k on the clock. The past week or so, the truck has been tripping em up. On my morning commute with outside temps in the mid 60s, all is well and no problems. In the afternoon with outside temps in the upper 80s, it'll idle at about 800 rpm, then it...
  3. runningslow

Suspension Wear Items

I'll post pics once I get started on the build. Don't worry! I've just got to free up some funds first, but at least now I have a direction.
  4. runningslow

Suspension Wear Items

Well, I think I've heard enough. I'll start saving my pennies and I'll just go with the drop-beams to begin with. Looks like I can get a decent price on the DJM DreamBeams from Summit. I'll still have to find some junkyard replacements for my sagging factory coils. Maybe I can find some...
  5. runningslow

Suspension Wear Items

Well, thanks all for the input. Ball joints are definitely on the list of items to replace. I've gone back and forth on the I-Beams or Coils debate. I should probably do it right and get the beams, but if there's even a chance I could save a few bucks and actually get it aligned with only...
  6. runningslow

Suspension Wear Items

I'm planning to lower my 97' 2WD SuperCab in the near future. My plan is to use 3" drop coils and shocks for the front with eccentric bushings and an Explorer axle/leaf springs for the rear. The truck itself has somewhere in the ballpark of 240k miles on it, so what I'm asking is this: are...
  7. runningslow

Trigger a relay when running

So, I have the cheap aftermarket ebay headlights with the small auxiliary projector light. I didn't want to mount a switch on the dash and I don't have factory fog lights, so currently, I have those lights wired such that they turn on in Accessory by tapping the power going to the radio to...
  8. runningslow

93-97 Factory Fog Light Brackets

So, I want to install the factory fog lights on my truck that didn't come with them. I've got the valence already installed on the truck and a pair of OEM fit lights from ebay taking up space in my garage. Now, I'm just looking for the brackets. I could probably fab something up that could...
  9. runningslow

One piece driveshaft swap

I've got a '97 Ranger Supercab 2WD 2.3L with a 5 speed and I want to swap in a one piece driveshaft. I'm assuming I've got to use a 2WD shaft, because the 4WD length is different, but what is the difference between the auto and manual driveshafts? When I'm looking for a shaft, I keep finding...
  10. runningslow

351W into '97 Ranger Questions

My truck is a '97 Ranger SuperCab 2.3L 2WD. I'm in the planning stages of a motor swap that's probably still a few months out. However, I want to do my homework and get everything in line before I take my truck off the road to minimize downtime. I had been leaning towards a 302 swap, for ease...
  11. runningslow

'97 2.3L Shudder

My truck is a '97 2.3L 5spd Supercab 2WD, with about 212K miles. I plan to swap a 302 in the future, but for now I need a little insight to keep her on the road. She usually idles fine, but it doesn't matter if I'm accelerating, in stop-n-go traffic, or cruising down the highway at 70... the...
  12. runningslow

97 Ranger Speedo Problems

My truck has a few issues, but for now, I would like to discuss my speedometer. The truck is a 97 2WD SuperCab 2.3L 5spd. The speedometer will work normally, then periodically it'll drop a few mph, or even 10-20. If I let off the gas, the speedometer will jump back to the real speed. I've...
  13. runningslow

Saying Hi from Central Florida

I recently acquired a '97 Ranger. Its a 2WD SuperCab, 2.3L with a 5 speed and just shy of 208K miles on the odometer. I'll post pics eventually, once I'm finished with a few of the mods I'm currently working on. I've got big plans for the truck as my budget allows. Definitely a motor swap...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad