• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lift

2.3 turbo Flash codes

Hey guys, got a 2.3 thunderbird turbo ranger, gutted upper and lower intake, stock brown top injectors, 47mm turbonetics a/r.63 turbo, tubular stainless steel turbo manifold, 3" downpipe to high flow muffler, la3 ecu, front mount intercooler. NO EMISSIONS. So i tried jumpering the house looking...
  2. Lift

Oil pressure sensor wire color?

Ok my L____H Oil pressure gauge doesnt work and its because i have a swapped 2.3turbo and cannot for the life of me figure out where the one wire connector for the oil pressure sender is. I found a green black wire with the same type of connector and hooked it up and it didnt work, Does anyone...
  3. Lift

Turbo Timer Install/wiring

Hey guys, got a 1989 ranger with a 2.3 turbo, Im trying to install my apexi turbo timer looks like this here is what i been going off of So im having trouble figuring out exactly where to wire this thing, i have looked at the wiring diagrams for my truck and the color codes are completely...
  4. Lift

2.3T Sensor wiring issues

Hey guys, i have an 89 ranger with a 2.3 turbo out of a thunderbird. Im having issues finding sensor clips for the back side of the lower intake, there are two sensors that i cannot find oem wiring for at all, if any of you know what sensors these are and what color the ranger wiring harness...
  5. Lift

2.3 turbo ranger needs rebuild

Hey guys, so i just traded my v8 ranger for a 2.3 turbo ranger built and tuned on 40psi of boost. supposedly it has billet piston rods, forged pistons, arp main and rod bolts along with arp head bolts, low compression rings and a lift cam with titanium valve springs with 550cc injectors with a...
  6. Lift

Wont start omg

So Far Everything on this v8 swap i have cheaped out on has bit me in my ass. Now i think this darn thing is cursed. My 302 ranger wont start.... hmmmmm well the battery is in the bed, i used 2 gauge home depot house wire rated at like 1200amps cause i cheaped out, it worked fine for about 6...
  7. Lift

Stalls when stopping or down shifting

It seems to be that this v8 swap is just one problem after another, Now that i finally got the clutch taken care of i have been able to test drive her on the road. The only problem i seem to be having is the engine will die when downshifting or coming to a stop and its completely random. I...
  8. Lift

Alternator not charging battery

Alright the alternator is really starting to irritate the hell out of me. I have gotten the alternator tested and it tested out like brand new. Im using the stock 2.8L harness and voltage regulator and i wired it based off the wiring diagram but for some reason its still not charging the...
  9. Lift

Hydraulic clutch issues

Ok i have, this This A braided clutch line with the fitting that screws into the slave a setup very similar to this with the same 280z slave cylinder And im using all thread for the pushrod, there is a small amount of preload on the clutch fork. When i push in the clutch the fork wont...
  10. Lift

2wd & 4wd crossmember differences

I have a 302 in my 1983 ranger and its 2wd and im starting to think it would be pretty badass to convert it to 4x4. My father already has a transfer case he was going to use in his jeep for his project but he decided he wanted a different one, so i have a transfer case i can use, i would need...
  11. Lift

Bent pushrod

So I was driving the truck down the road and all of a sudden i Couldn't change gears. Turns out i bent the pushrod. My setup is a t5, stock ford ranger clutch master cylinder and a 280z slave cylinder with braded clutch line. It was really stiff before. When you push the clutch in it pushes out...
  12. Lift

Electrical issues :)

So im almost done with my v8 swap, the truck runs drives and stops. So here is my issue and im pretty sure i know whats wrong, but id appreciate opinions before i start hacking up my wiring. So when i crank the motor, the starter cuts in and out and sometimes it will keep cranking. My...
  13. Lift

too low?

Uhhhh yeah so i got a 2wd 83 longbed ranger. pulled the tanks running a fuel cell in the back. so i purchased so cheap 3" lowering blocks, yeah they will probably break but its just for now. I bought some 3/16" thick steel by 2" wide and made a u and put that under the original leaf plate. so...
  14. Lift

bobbing long bed with dual tanks

So i got this 83 ranger regular cab with a longbed. got the good ol v8 swap done nicely. Im in the process of redoing all the interior and the exterior is on its way. So its 2wd so im not going to lift it and do some fun mud diggin in it. I decided in the future im going to bag it when i got...
  15. Lift

racing bucket seats

so how would i go about installing these in my 1983 ranger, originally had a full bench regular cab. i dont wanna do any fabricating. and they dont have rails.
  16. Lift

Timing issue

I want to start off by saying Thanks to everyone who has helped me get through this swap. I have successfully swapped a v8 and converted the ranger to a manual with a t5. I have asked many questions and most of them have been answered. So now I'm down to getting a custom drive shaft made by...
  17. Lift

Ignition, fuel pump & tranny mount

Alright so i got the 302 in the 83. Its all hooked up in the engine bay i used a jacobs ignition and a oreilly electric fuel pump instead of a mechanical because we used power steering with a serpentine conversion so non of the fuel pumps fit, it either hit the steering pump or the gear box. I...
  18. Lift

Jacobs ignition

Just bought a Jacobs Pro-Street Ultra Team Ignition of craigslist for $75. Its brand new except it didnt come with installation instructions. Im just a little confused. Im Using a TFI Dizzy, Theres the 6 wire plug "TFI PLUG" That plugs into the dizzy theres a, Blue, red/blue, red, Green and...
  19. Lift

88 5.0 efi

Ok well i feel really dumb... Im not much of a v8 guy but my rotary engine blew in my rx7 and i figured id pick up an efi to throw in it. Well i picked one up and it turns out it wasnt the Mustang GT HO engine... It turned out to be an 88 ford Thunderbird efi. I did some research and found out...
  20. Lift

Engine mounts

Hey guys got a 83 2wd longbed ranger im doing a v8 302 carb swap in. Im having some issues getting the engine in, im using two right mustang convertible engine mounts, the left ones dont work at all. I have the advance adapters oil relocation kit. My problem is: The mounts dont line up at all...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad