• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 88 Running wierd-burning electrical smell

My 88 sat up for about 6 weeks. I started it up a few times and just out of habit with the boat, I put some Sta-bil in the tank. Anyways.. Driving into work the other afternoon, it started to feel like the was nothing there. I pushed the pedel it hesitated slightly and it found it's b@lls...
  2. Point me in the right direction...

OK, 88 A4LD. When the floor shifter is placed in OD it shifts as if its just in D. I know that's really vague, but I don't know any other way to explain it. It runs the same way it always has in D, shifts firmly and on time @ 3k or so at 65-70mph , it just seems as if maybe it's just not...
  3. This seems odd

Someone please tell me what the odds are of the ignition module and ignition coil going bad at the same time?? I didn't have time to do it myself, so I had a mechanic I trust do it and he said that both are bad!! This guy hasn't done me wrong in 6 years, but I still have a hard time believing it.
  4. What the F!?

I'm lost!! I just did my exhaust y-pipe to tip and once I finished, I thought I was done.. Took it for a drive and it was shifting weird. The vacuum modulator had fluid in it so I thought replacing would fix it. WRONG!! the damn thing won't shift out of 1st until 4k and is really sluggish...
  5. Y-Pipe install

I just got my new y-pipe in from RockAuto and low and behold the damn thing won't go in easy.. I guess it doesn't help that I cut the old one out in extra pieces (the old one kinda just fell off somewhat). What am I not doing? The only thing I can see that I might be able to do is remove some...
  6. Manifold to y-pipe bolts snapped

How hard is it gonna be for me to drill out the snapped bolts with the manifold still in place?? Any suggestions? It's on a 2.9.
  7. Where to install aftermarket water temp sender

I can't find to old thread that shows the easiest place to install an aftermarket water temp sending unit. I could really use some input or a picture if possible.. Thanks Eric
  8. Just a few Ques..

This weekend I was on the National seashore and drove a total of 50 miles on 4wd in some extremely soft sand.. Engine (2.9) started to show signs of wanting to overheat, and at one point I went thru some wash board tracks and 3 of my six spark plug wires just jumped off the plugs at one time...
  9. Quick one...

I just got some BFG M/Ts 30x9.50x15. Right now I've got'em on the 15x6 stock rims. Which width rim and back space will look better and not rub. P.S. I've got 2 in. spacers under the front if this helps. Thanks
  10. A4LD probs. after rebuild

Here's the truck: 88 Ranger 4x4 2.9 135k org. A4LD auto Lost the tranny in June. Took it to the shop to get it fixed. Went to get it, it still wouldn't shift right. Left it there they fixed it. Picked it back up, took it home and used it around the farm. One day it went to put it into...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad